Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC and cold meds.

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:02 PM
  • 5 Replies

My wonderful family has decided to share their cold with me. I thought I was gonna escape it but not looking like that's gonna happen.  Do cold meds affect your chances when you are TTC? I am willing to suck it up and not taking anything if that's the case but would really like to take a decongestant so I can breath =(  

I am a proud Army wife and college educated SAHM who believes in: co -sleeping, non CIO, baby wearing, EBFing until self weaning, delayed solids, cloth diapering and vaxing on schedule....I AM AN ATTACHED PARENT!!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
73angel
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:05 PM

The only thing I take when I get a cold is acetaminophen and regular plain Robitussin.

corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:31 PM

Hey,

During your TWW, you are fine with most cold medicines.  The main medicine to stay away  from is ibprofen if you are in the TWW.  If you are gearing up for ovulation, don't take any medications other than mucinex with guaifenesin.  Those other medicines could dry you up, but guaifenesin is known to loosen mucus and some women have used to for that purpose.

Also, don't go too nuts with the Vit. C.  That can dry you up as well.  Just take the normal daily recommended dose!

Good luck, and I hope you feel better!!!

jobberwocky
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:33 PM
Good luck. I had a cold last month and ended up taking some meds because I had to workman couldn't be there so sick. For me I ended up not ovulating. I don't know if that had anything to do with itbut that's what happened for me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spiritedmama
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:21 PM

Thanks ladies! I am just gonna try and not take anything, as long as I keep moving my head stays pretty clear =) not a bad thing considering my house is spotless today =) 

MommyCannon
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Yes you can take one with expectorant like Mucinex. This actually helps produce more cm. Just don't take an antihistamine. :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)