Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Believe it or not...

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:42 PM
  • 5 Replies
My daughter has been asking for a little sister or brother since she was 2. She will now be 5 in July. It just breaks my heart everytime she asks. Lol, she says we are taking too long to get her one. We've tried getting her a puppy, she goes to daycare, she has friends from her dance class, she sees her cousins at least 3 times a week. But i guess they don't replace having a sibling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:47 PM

Hey,

I am having the same thing with my son.  He's been asking for a sibling since he was 2 as well.  Pretty much since he knew what a "brother" even was.  He asked Santa for a brother at Christmas.  I practically broke down in the middle of the mall.  I really wish I could have a sibling for him as well.  He's the sweetest boy in the world, and I really hate to see him wishing for something so honestly and I can't give it to him.  He's gotta wonder why I'm always sick (from the meds) and why I'm going to see the doctor about 3-4 times a week.  I'm sure he's scared, but how do you talk to a 3 year old about those things.

Pretty much, I know exactly how you feel.  Unfortunately, not many people experience what we are going through, and a lot of people don't understand the pain.  They typically say "You already have a son, so why be all bent out of shape". But those comments only make things worse :/.

Hang in there honey.  I hope we can get our BFP's soon!!!!!

Mrs.Pete
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:53 PM
Thank you! Yes, it kills me when she gets all teary eyed asking for one. My daughter also asked santa for a baby brother or sister. Baby Dust to the both of us!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xtriciax
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 2:55 PM

awww sorry.

Mrs.Murray27
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:57 PM

GL to both of you! *baby dust*

kslawmama
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 4:59 PM

Ditto!

Quoting Mrs.Murray27:

GL to both of you! *baby dust*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)