Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Decided to talk to OB/NP and....

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:39 PM
  • 3 Replies

And she is going to order/start fertility labs due to my age and this cycle being CD56 w/ no o and no sign of af.

She mentioned checking FSH (folical stimulating hormone). Here's my question. Don't they usually do that one 3 days after you start your period?

I mean, shouldn't she give me Provera or something to bring on AF before doing labs?

First she wants to wait and do nothing and now she wants to skip a important factor. Or at least that's what I think.

What's your thoughts?

I want to cry!

by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Tiffersmu
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:54 PM

how old are you?  I dont know your history or situation, but has your thyroid been checked?

tmm2010
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 5:59 PM

I'm 35. Will be 36 in June. My thyroid was checked recently and was normal as well as all my other blood work that they normally check at 35. I stopped BCP begining of October and had a 28 and 32 day cycle. The begining of this cycle I thought I might of MC'd because I had some symptoms of pg but mainly enlarged breasts and areola's and my areola's were also darker which took about a month to to away. Plus some weird tissue/sac looking stuff I passed on CD1. So, my thought was I just needed something to intice AF to arive and maybe my cycle would start to regulate my hormones or something since it's only been 4 months since I stopped BCP. But, because of my age, she wants to start lab work now. Which is fine, but I want to make sure she'd doing it at the right time so it's accurate. Right?

Tiffersmu
by on Feb. 9, 2011 at 6:25 PM

I totally understand what you're saying.  I wish I could be more help!!  I'd maybe ask another doctor their opinion, first...  GOOD LUCK :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)