Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has this happened to you before?

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:16 AM
  • 4 Replies

I know you're not supposed to use opks as hpts but I took both this morning and got a positive opk but negative hpt...I'm 10 dpo my period is expected on thursday or friday I haven't had much symptoms except for fatigue frequent urination and some mild cramping and gas I have been debating whether or not to go to walmart and buying the first response hpt...right now I have been using wondfo test strips. What do you guys think about this whole situation? Thanks in advance.

by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
CamdensMom12
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:18 AM

I will give you a bump cause I am due on Fri for my period and hate the wait too!!  :) 

mylilgooberpea
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:26 AM

personally i would never test with opks for pregnancy. LOL the hormone LH and HCG were described to me as identical twins but the HCG hormone wears a funny, hat. Its like talking to someone all along thinking hes George when really youve been telling your secrets to Joe. or taking benadryl for a cold. it might make you feel better but what you really need is Nyquil. OBs even warn about not using OPKs as a pregnancy test. Yes sometimes your LH stays high and you get a positive OPK then at the same time getting a positiveOPK. Most fo the time it really dosnt work.  Go to walmart get the FRER wait until tomorrow to test and use FMU. OPKs are fun experiment but i wouldnever trust them as a PG predictor. JMO. Hugs HCG takes time to build sometimes. keep your thoughts positive it isnt over until the fat lady sings!!!

mommymary6507
by Ruby Member on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:38 AM

I had positive opks when I was pregnant. Those were my pregnancy tests, I had spotting and was scared I would lose the pregnancy, so I kept taking opks to keep my worries at bay..but I did lose the pregnancy after all.  But yes, it is very possible :) What kind of HPT was it?

mrsbrown_91
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:53 AM

i bought a whole package deal on amazon of the wondfo brand opks and hpts...it included 40 opks and 10 hpts but i'm very tempted to go buy the first response hpt i heard those work really well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)