Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i think i may have figured out why i'm not getting pregnant

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:17 PM
  • 34 Replies
so it's been 9 months since our miscarriage, so we're using ovulation tests this month...the tests i bougt said start testing on cd6 based on my cycle length...it's currently cd7 for me, and i'm seeing a pink line...this test says any pink line is positive...but i'm still bleeding...i'd been thinking i'd been ovulating about cd 11...ish...so can i start ovulating before i'm done bleeding? I'm going to continue to test, in hopes the line gets darker, and i'm hoping i stop bleeding soon, since i'm usually done by cd5, 6 at the latest...i guess...i've never used ovulation tests...and i'm kind of confused...any ideas, ladies?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
X-Tina08
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:25 PM

BUMP!

sweethonestys
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Humm...don't know but you can have sex on your AF and get preg. from that encounter later if you have enough CM to last a few days. Hope that makes sense. Good luck!

srbeusk
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:34 PM
you know...i hadn't thought of that...you're right...so there's a very good chance that i'm ovulating earlier than i thougt, which would be a good reason i'm not getting pregnant...

Quoting sweethonestys:

Humm...don't know but you can have sex on your AF and get preg. from that encounter later if you have enough CM to last a few days. Hope that makes sense. Good luck!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shortiekid
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:38 PM

if ur DH wants to do it grant its a lil icky u can try havin sex durring AF.. also u can get tested from ur obgyn to see..also have u been temping..thats a great way to let u know when ur Oing..if u are while on af then i say a lil ick to get a babys worth it...lol

ktothab66
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:41 PM

so u can ovulate while you're on your period ????? WEIRD!

RayneofTerror
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:42 PM

i was taught that you can ovulate whenever... that mother nature will change when you ovulate to when you are having sex most often because your bodies purpose is to have babies and it will do wot it can to make that happen... now mind you this information came from my highschool health teacher so take that info with as many grains of salt as you wish :) 

S.Street
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:43 PM

If there's anything I learned it's that you can ovulate anytime.  I would buy the 20 pack of opk's from wal-mart and start testing immediately on a daily basis.  I think that was my problem all along as well, I was making assumptions about when I ovulated when I should have just relied on the tests.

srbeusk
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:46 PM
lol...if i'm ovulatimg while on af, it's worth the ick to me, lol...hubby doesn't care, i'm the one that says no to it, lol...and i don't temp because i dont get up at the same time everyday, and as soon as i try...my son will start getting up earlier, loll...never fails...that and i don't sleep well, so i'm generally up at least three times a nigt...

It's one of those things that i'd like to try, but isn't feasible in my lifestyle right now...lol...such is life, ya know? :)

Quoting shortiekid:

if ur DH wants to do it grant its a lil icky u can try havin sex durring AF.. also u can get tested from ur obgyn to see..also have u been temping..thats a great way to let u know when ur Oing..if u are while on af then i say a lil ick to get a babys worth it...lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
srbeusk
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 8:48 PM
yah, exactly...i was assuming...
I started testing today (i've been sick and couldnt get to town until today) so we'll just start bd'ing today just in case, lol

Quoting S.Street:

If there's anything I learned it's that you can ovulate anytime.  I would buy the 20 pack of opk's from wal-mart and start testing immediately on a daily basis.  I think that was my problem all along as well, I was making assumptions about when I ovulated when I should have just relied on the tests.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleylove23
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 9:05 PM
Mmmm imma test too then .. Durin af i get lots of cm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)