Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weird preg ? N mirena *UPDATE*

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:11 PM
  • 11 Replies
Ok so I don't want you guys thinkn I'm nuts but just would like your thoughts. I have had mirena put in 6w after my 3rd child had it for 3yrz then got it removed march of last yr while it wAs in place I had NO issuses at all. Well I misscarried twice since removal once At 12w then at 2w few months later then got mirena put back in dec 13th doc wants me to wait 6mo to a yr before ttc agIn. Well I've been havin weird preg like symptoms n should of started af today n still hasn't came ok i know still eArly n I kno mirena makes your af disappear but I've been getn um like clock work the 2months I've had it I'm afraid to waste a test then start af or just reading to much into it for fear of getn preg n what may happen with it in place n I know to get preg is very very slim but why am I havin preg like symptoms n I don't mean the kinds associated with af am I just crazy pAranoid what should I do just brush it off to bein af effects or may test????
---------------------------------update-----------------------------
okay so I tested last Tuesday which was feb 21 n test was neg. So whatever is going on must be mirena related and it's just reacting to my body diff this time around I am also starting to experience slight cramping since Thursday n my hips feel sore,think I may try a diff bc any ideas??
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hrj75165
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:15 PM

what type of symptoms?? when i had mirena i would get some symptoms every once in a while, i even took test a few diffrent times but they were all -.

mrsnys
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:21 PM
Craving o.j. N oranges never do unless preg sense of smell very hightend very moody n super emotional very frequant urination. Just weird to me cuz when I had it before I never had a af or spotting or moody nothing at all I wAs myself just no af!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hrj75165
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:25 PM

i would take a test to be on the safe side, it is possible to be pregnant with an iud. If it is + im sure your dr will want to see you.

shortiekid
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:27 PM

take a test..you can get preg on iud's and the pill... and because u went from iud to takin it out to havin it back in can reck havic with ur hormones too...

mrsnys
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:27 PM
Yea I'm just scared to be with it in place ya kno? I don't hAve that intuition that I am that I usAlly get but I didn't last time either. Been nauseaed to randomly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsnys
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:31 PM
Yeh n I had a d&c to end ofsept then had no af til I mc in dec at a few weeks crazy part is I had a doc appt nov 30 neg test following week I told doc I wAnted to induce my af because I'm tired of feeln preg so he gave me provera took 1 day nxt took a test just to be sure n it wAs pos but started bleeding next day. That was a Saturday n got mirena back in following Thursday
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mylilgooberpea
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:33 PM

the sooner you test and if it comes up positive the better your chances of not hurting the baby! test girl!

mrsnys
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:35 PM
True true!! Think I'll test Tom. Mornin since af still isn't technicly due til today n it's only 740 lOl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsnys
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 10:46 PM
Oh n my boobs have been itchy n lil tingly thought it was from my bra but happens w.o 1 to
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsnys
by on Feb. 20, 2011 at 11:19 PM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)