Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dissapointment !!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:26 AM
  • 3 Replies

im 3 days late today and i was sooo excited to poas this morning only to get a big fat NOT PREGNANT starring at me =( i wish AF would show up already =( my cycles have never been off , could it be because this is my first cycle since i stopped breastfeeding ?

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Hey,

YES, if you were breastfeeding, then yes your cycles have been wonky most likely due to that.  Breastfeeding releases Prolactin which actually inhibits ovulation, so even if you were ovulating just fine, it can cause irregular ovulation!

It may take a few months for your levels to come down since you've stopped, so I won't worry too much.  Hopefully something happens for you soon!

73angel
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:34 AM

I think that could have a lot to do with it.

JsunkissedB
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:37 AM

it took 2 months after i stopped to even get af so i was hoping things would be back to normal i guess thats just wishful thinking huh. thanks for the info !

Quoting corrinacs:

Hey,

YES, if you were breastfeeding, then yes your cycles have been wonky most likely due to that.  Breastfeeding releases Prolactin which actually inhibits ovulation, so even if you were ovulating just fine, it can cause irregular ovulation!

It may take a few months for your levels to come down since you've stopped, so I won't worry too much.  Hopefully something happens for you soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)