Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SIDS

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:52 PM
  • 12 Replies

http://www.healthychild.com/toxic-sleep/has-the-cause-of-crib-death-sids-been-found/

What do you ladies think of this? I am pregnant with our second child, and the fear of SIDS is entering my mind again. I found this info online when searching for information, and I wasnt sure what to think. If it's even a possibility, then I want to buy a mattress that does not contain these chemicals. But the one they say to get is the Naturepedic and they are like $259! Seems like alot but obviously worth it. Should I get one for our next baby? Help! Thanks!

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rosiecheeks309
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:23 PM

The fear of SIDS is also something I have too, especially knowing I want another one. The one question I have is why cant they detect the gases in the body in autopsy? That makes no sense to me. I did not read the whole article but most of it. One of my friends child passed away from SIDS a few years ago, It was one of the worst funerals I have been to besides my own families. A few months ago, a girl I use to go to school with her son was found by the daycare lady.(only 10 minutes after laying him down) not breathing. They started CPR and were able to revive him, he is now suffering from lots of things. The doctors said they intereferred with SIDS.  Thank the Lord they were able to get him breathing again. I think thats why I had such a hard time sleeping at night with a newborn. I was always afraid of SIDS. I just wish they would find a "proven" fact of why it happens!  

Rosiecheeks309
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:23 PM

Oh and Good Luck on your pregnancy! Happy and Healthy 9 months :)

Lovebugbaby
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 6:41 PM

Hmm, thats interesting!!! Definitely worth considering!

jenniferw10
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:13 PM

I have just started seeing a lot of things posted about SIDS from people I know so I am going to be doing some research.

Butterfly31607
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:15 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CamdensMom12
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 12:52 AM

I posted this in another group and they said to get a Angel monitor. It will set an alarm off if your baby stops breathing. I think I'm going to get the Naturepedic organic mattress and that monitor so I won't worry so much! lol It makes me feel better.

ccasmommy
by on Mar. 18, 2011 at 9:37 PM

I lost my first son to sids good luck ladies I now have 3 heathly  children and one on the way

jenniferw10
by on Mar. 18, 2011 at 10:18 PM

My husband and I are buying a mattress without these chemicals for the proven facts on the low risk of SIDS. New mom worries and this is something I can do.

ccasmommy
by on Mar. 18, 2011 at 10:39 PM

they told me that my son was perfectly heathly and that there was nothing wrong with him. He was not in a crib or on a crib matteress when he passed. They said that there was nothing that anyone would have been able to do. If it's going to happen it's going to happend there's nothing you can do to stop it.

tabitha8501
by on Mar. 19, 2011 at 12:31 AM
My heart breaks for you. I'm sorry for your lose. I'm glad u have three healthy children now.

Quoting ccasmommy:

they told me that my son was perfectly heathly and that there was nothing wrong with him. He was not in a crib or on a crib matteress when he passed. They said that there was nothing that anyone would have been able to do. If it's going to happen it's going to happend there's nothing you can do to stop it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)