Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

36 weeks and cramping with possible contractions...should I call my doc?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:18 PM
  • 7 Replies

I was 36 weeks on Monday and I have had period like cramps off and on all day.  I think I may be contracting as well.  It's hard for me to tell.  This my second but with my first I was induced and the contractions were really severe.  I ended up with a c section and will be having a reapeat c section with this one.  I'm just not sure if I should call the doctor?  My friend had cramps like this over two weeks before she had her son last wednesday.   I am drinking plenty of water, and taking it easy    (as much as you can with a 3 yr old).  I also have high blood pressure issues.  I'm on medication but it is still creeping up these last few days.  Don't know if that can be a factor.  I just saw my doctor yesterday, no protein in the urine and my weight is good, at my last visit I had gained 5 pounds in 2 weeks but there was no weight gain this week.  So that's the info.  I figure if I am still cramping tomorrow I will call but I thought I'd get some advice for you all tonight.  

by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mrs.autry21
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:24 PM

Yes.If I were you I would absolutely call your doctor or qa doctor on call so you can at least get an opinion on if he or she thinks you should go in.I'm 35 week and I have the same thing some times but they told me to just drink plenty of water but If I had then to come back in to the ER.And if you think you maybe having BH contraction even if they aren't strong you should call.GL 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickers

jenniferw10
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:12 PM

I would call to be safe.

LilyBeansMom
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 3:25 PM

I was in OB Triage at 35 weeks because I thought I had a kidney issue.  It turned out I was having contractions every few minutes.  I told the nurse midwife that it felt more like cramps - like you said.  She said, "There are only 2 things that cause those cramps, and you're not menstruating!"  So - contractions!  If they are not getting stronger, longer, and closer together - they are probably just BH.  (I've had more than you can imagine for over 3 weeks.)  But it never hurts to check in with your doctor.  Good luck!!

Lindsey24
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 3:31 PM
Ahh yeah call... Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adalinasmommy
by on Mar. 3, 2011 at 11:37 PM

The way to normally tell if they are contractions is to hold your stomach... when you contract even just a little bit you will fill the difference in you stomach it will become harder than normal.... I had contractions from 18 wks and had that problem throught my pregnancy and had my dd at 34 weeks so good luck never hurtsto call and atleast talk to a nurse.

candcsmom2008
by on Mar. 4, 2011 at 12:14 PM

I would call just to be on the safe side.

Lovebugbaby
by on Mar. 4, 2011 at 12:39 PM

Yup, just to be on the safe side I would call. Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)