Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i have a plan...

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:18 PM
  • 4 Replies

Ok, so I had my baby in November and am ready to start the long journey TTC again, assuming it will take several months. I took "the pill" for a month, then quit and got AF. Since then its been almost a month. Took a HPT (or should i say about 30) and BFN. And I dont really feel pregnant. Chances are, I probably didnt O, since I EBF. After looking at my finances and how much I wasted on HPTs I made a new plan. Since Im not O'ing (probably) Im going to go back onto "the pill" for 5 months. Then, since baby will be older, I can intorduce solids to her and go off the pills and start to cycle again. In the meanwhile, I will NOT use OPKs or HPTs. I will watch my CM and cervix for the first month of the pills. Then when we are ready to TTC again I will NOT use OPKs and will just let it happen. How does my plan sound?

PS Im staying in this group even though im not TTC anymore, so i'll have some contacts in 5 months when i start ttc again (but praying its not a single one of you!) and maybe i can still help others who are TTC and give my opinions of stuff.

So, sticky dust to you all!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
silka08
by on Mar. 2, 2011 at 11:19 PM
If you're ebf you can just avoid pill and just BD whenever. You may not have had a real period just withdraw bleeding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HisB0107
by on Mar. 6, 2011 at 2:41 PM

This exactly! 

Quoting silka08:

If you're ebf you can just avoid pill and just BD whenever. You may not have had a real period just withdraw bleeding.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in an attractive and preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways......chocolate in one hand, wine in the other; body used up, totally worn out ....and screaming: "Woo Hoo, What A Ride!"

mrsprecise
by on Mar. 6, 2011 at 2:45 PM
I think stay off the pill and keep the rest of the plan, then in 5 months you can "start trying". But have fun "practicing" until then and who knows practice may make perfect!
frecklesthehen
by on Mar. 6, 2011 at 7:00 PM

Quoting mrsprecise:

I think stay off the pill and keep the rest of the plan, then in 5 months you can "start trying". But have fun "practicing" until then and who knows practice may make perfect!

i like this version of the plan :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)