Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chemical and unchanging OPK's

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:21 AM
  • 5 Replies

Good grief I feel dumb for asking about this stuff again but I am getting so incredibly frustrated!!!

I am cd 19 or 20 (sorry, just can't remember exactly) and I use my fertility monitor and OPK's (per RE's request) and I have been getting close to pos OPK's and high readings on my monitor since I started testing at cd 8. My last Hcg was 4 and I started bleeding heavily (for 10 days total) three to four days after that. Just not too sure what to think. I know that it may take a cycle to regulate, but this is rediculous. With the OPK's, they aren't nearly as dark as the control but they are about 3/4 of the way there and aren't getting any darker or lighter for like 10 days now. Any thoughts on this?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mommymary6507
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:26 AM

my opks after my miscarriage in Dec styed positive to very very close for 2 months after, your body can be all off balance after any kind of miscarriage. HUGS I hope you get your sticky bean!

crossermom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:28 AM

Thanks hun, I appreciate it. My hubby seems to think that I need to take another hpt..... but he doesn't understand the whole hormone and ovulation process. It almost makes it harder with him thinking that there's hope when I know there's not.

mommymary6507
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:39 AM

HUGS. I know how frustrating it is. I went through 2 months of hell after my miscarriage with slow declining HCG levels, found out, "oh you have left over pregnancy tissue we didn't get out from the first D&C" my levels finally went under 5 Feb 21st lol. And now I am pregnant again :D There is always hope. It's a hard road but never give up :)

Quoting crossermom:

Thanks hun, I appreciate it. My hubby seems to think that I need to take another hpt..... but he doesn't understand the whole hormone and ovulation process. It almost makes it harder with him thinking that there's hope when I know there's not.

crossermom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:40 AM

BUMP!

bbmkfo03
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:41 AM

Quoting mommymary6507:

my opks after my miscarriage in Dec styed positive to very very close for 2 months after, your body can be all off balance after any kind of miscarriage. HUGS I hope you get your sticky bean!

I agree with this. It can take a while for your body to regulate itself after a m/c. Good luck :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)