Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When To Test? **ETA**

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:37 PM
  • 19 Replies

Okay, so AF has been awfully unpredictable since I had my DD almost a year ago. Hubby and i have been ttc baby number two. So, since having my DD and breastfeeding, I have had periods one month, twice the next, then not at all the month after etc..

So, hubby and I had sex on the 18th, 19th and 20th of march. So, due to my sparatic periods, I am not sure when to test...

I started having some symptoms of pregnancy in the last day or two.....( note: With my  DD I had pregnancy symptoms 5 days after conception (really early on), and tested postitive on the expected af day.)

So do any of you guys have any idea of when I could/should test?

ttc

ETA: WHAT IS THE BEST EARLY PREGNANCY TEST TO USE?

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaliLeanne
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:40 PM
Do you know when you ovulated? I would start 10dpo. If you dont know i would wait a week and test.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lailareed
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:42 PM

i had symptoms of ovulation (never have been one for opk, but if i dont conceive htis month, I'm going to try an opk next month). I use more physical symptoms to tell when I'm ovulating..It was raround the 19th justding by ovulation symptoms.

Quoting KaliLeanne:

Do you know when you ovulated? I would start 10dpo. If you dont know i would wait a week and test.

c_mckinney_17
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:43 PM

If you think you ovulated around the 18th or 19th I would wait a few more days and test, however with irregular periods it's hard to tell. That's why I had my doctor give me clomid, mine are very irregular as well. But you're not out until AF shows up. GL and baby dust.

MamaHome
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:54 PM

I also O'ed on the 19th. I am waiting til the 3 rd to test. (If i can stand it) 

lailareed
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:16 PM

test buddies? :)

Quoting MamaHome:

KaliLeanne
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:32 PM

I would start testing tomorrow morning, but I am also a poas-a-holic and started testing at 7dpo lol. Just dont be discouraged if you get a bfn, it still could be to early to test.

Quoting lailareed:

i had symptoms of ovulation (never have been one for opk, but if i dont conceive htis month, I'm going to try an opk next month). I use more physical symptoms to tell when I'm ovulating..It was raround the 19th justding by ovulation symptoms.

Quoting KaliLeanne:

lailareed
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:10 PM

Which is the best test for testing early?

Quoting KaliLeanne:

I would start testing tomorrow morning, but I am also a poas-a-holic and started testing at 7dpo lol. Just dont be discouraged if you get a bfn, it still could be to early to test.

Quoting lailareed:

Quoting KaliLeanne:

Maria_Peanut
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 6:52 PM
Start Testing On Wendsday, you should be about 11dpo. Good luck hun !
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaHome
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 7:10 PM

Quoting lailareed:

test buddies? :)

Quoting MamaHome:

Would love too :) 

TTC4months
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 7:19 PM

Hello,

When I was TTC, I O'd on the 18th of December, AF was due Jan 6th. I got a positive on Dec 30th at 12 DPO with a DOLLAR store test. They are pretty accurate! Hope you get your BFP soon! ♥

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)