Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

temping vs not temping?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:13 PM
  • 29 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you temp?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 35

View Results

Hey ladies I've temped some months and not others my question for you gals is do you temp? and why or why not? what are your thoughts on it?

this is my first month on Metformin and ill pry do opks but i was getting positives on them even tho i wasn't oing.... i hope i o this month!

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RayneofTerror
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:15 PM

i don't temp or use opks or chart or anything else... 

momo14
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:17 PM

really? have you ever? i didn't for the longest time....

Quoting RayneofTerror:

i don't temp or use opks or chart or anything else... 

momo14
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:29 PM

BUMP!

ShanNBen
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:37 PM

I temp and was on metformin for being pre diabetic. I stopped after my liver enzymes elevated, which can be a side affect. Anyway, just wanted to share with you that with the metformin, my O day was between CD 10-13...any of those days. After I stopped, it went to CD 14. So you may want to get enough opk's to start checking for a LH surge around CD 8, preferably CD 9.

mommymary6507
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:42 PM

This was my second month of temping, but 1st real month of temping and being able to try since my miscarriage. I did it to know my excat O date and to see my temps after O day. I knew this month was so different then last month when I got AF. This month AF is missing and will be for 9 months :D I am so glad I kept it up, all my hard work payed off!

kt674
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:45 PM

I just started temping this past cycle (which is almost over) and seemed to be helpful when trying to figure out when I O.  Also, they say if your temps stay elevated past 15dpo (and no AF) it's a pretty good indication you are pregnant. But I am not sure how accurate my temps are as I get up at different hours and I am not a great sleeper.  I am going to keep temping atleast for another month and see how it goes.  

Momma2Imo
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:56 PM
I don't temp..not yet... I know the second I do my pain will just get worse with every BFN ...if we haven't "gotten lucky" by November (our sons 2nd bday) we will see our midwife and hopefully start trying more intensely ..it will be a whole year of ttc then
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Live4Family
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:00 PM

I did do charting, temping, opk testing.... for 6 months of TTC! It made me insane!!!! We quit doing all that & even totally quit trying because it was really taking a toll on us......... month 8 of (not really) TTC, I got pregnant. I think temping is too stressful because if you miss a day or something, it can totally freak you out!

Good luck to you!

jenn827205
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:08 PM

I've been ttc for 10 months...7 months in i started charting and this cycle I stopped.  It was stressing me out to much...but I thinkthat I figured out the timeframe that I ovulate, so it did what it needed for me. I will continue to do OPKs but other than that I'm doing nothing else! 

Amanda_Jeanne
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:27 PM

This was our first cycle TTC after having my IUD removed in February, and I temped and used OPKs and it was a great learning experience! If you are trying to learn more about your body and your particular cycle, it's extremely helpful. I determined exactly when I ovulated and we got a BFP today. It can be fun NOT temping and charting and throwing caution to the wind, but I found keeping track of this stuff took a lot of the guesswork out. It may make the time seem to drag but to me it was very worth it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)