Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

High heart rate?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:50 PM
  • 6 Replies
My heart rate is normally 75-80. Tonight after dinner my heart was pounding. I took my pulse and it was 105. I'm 9 weeks. Anyone else have this? Is it normal? Only thing different is I had a candy bar I normally don't do sweets and haven't had caffeine in two months. I'm kinda worried. I hate when my heart pounds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
nettie79
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 1:48 AM

Mine has been racing for about 2 or 3 months but now it has calmed down. I still have issues with shortness of breath but when I have these issues I just try to relax. And my ob said to bear down and see if that helps. Since I asked though I haven't had to worry about it.

anglebaby10810
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:45 AM

Before I even found out i was pregnant, my heart use to beat really fast and i couldnt figure out why. Then I found out I was pregnant and it was still beating fast! Infact it still does sometimes! My dr doesnt seem concerned! It doesnt last too long when it does do it. Your body is pumping more blood for you and baby!

BabyFruit Ticker

jenniferw10
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Just relax and if it continues contact your doctor.

violetgirl
by on Mar. 30, 2011 at 12:21 AM

I think it's normal.  You mentioned that you took your pulse after dinner - I think your heartbeat generally is higher after a meal.  If your heart is pounding hard to the point where there's some discomfort in your chest (and there continues to be some discomfort), might not be a bad idea to call your doc.

mywilber
by on Mar. 30, 2011 at 10:26 PM

your body is producing twice the blood volume that it usually does, it is supp to be normal, but if you feel chest pain, check with your dr

tabitha8501
by on Mar. 30, 2011 at 11:01 PM
Thanks ladies
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)