Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Why the huge dip 5 DPO BBT Chart

Posted by on Apr. 11, 2011 at 6:49 AM
  • 13 Replies

Wht did I have a huge dip today if I'm 5 DPO?Is this good or bad :/

by on Apr. 11, 2011 at 6:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cjsmom375
by Silver Member on Apr. 11, 2011 at 6:51 AM

either implantation dip or af but they say that ur temp aint supposed to go below coverline which sometimes isnt true i had a dip like that and im 6 months pregnant but good luck and baby dust!

just-one-more
by on Apr. 11, 2011 at 7:03 AM

implantation maybe!! im not sure how those charts work but all i know is a dip is a good thing if it happens between 5 and 10 dpo

mommymary6507
by on Apr. 11, 2011 at 7:55 AM

it's good, if your temps shoot back up. real good :) Looks like you may have just implanted the egg :D

bellaambru90
by on Apr. 11, 2011 at 8:02 AM
Really!? I hope so n I hope it sticks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
truelyred2
by on Apr. 11, 2011 at 8:07 AM

It can be implantation, but one low temp does not necessarily mean anything. You could have had bad sleep or mouth breathing or a colder night nthan usual, or maybe you kicked off the covers.

crossermom
by on Apr. 11, 2011 at 9:07 AM

According to fertility friend, the coverline is not significant of anything but rather it's just an approximation of pre-o temps. Just watch it a few days and see what happens.

myboysarefirst
by on Apr. 11, 2011 at 9:32 AM

I had a dip that dropped a whole 2 degrees at 8DPO. But then the next day I was back up and now if it changes it only goes up..I am due for AF on Wednesday, hopefully she is a no show...

army_wife_mommy
by on Apr. 11, 2011 at 3:01 PM

Your chart confuses me. This is the chart you posted april 1st and the periods and 2 opk's are missing from this one from today????

bellaambru90
by on Apr. 11, 2011 at 4:28 PM
I had another periid cuz I lost weight so it restarted my periid a I forgot to add it on my chart
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
isabellem
by on Apr. 11, 2011 at 4:43 PM
Yes, I've had many dips like that and still no baby :(. I read something about estrogen surge or something occurs around then. If it stays up for 18dpo then that is great news. Good luck! :)

Quoting truelyred2:

It can be implantation, but one low temp does not necessarily mean anything. You could have had bad sleep or mouth breathing or a colder night nthan usual, or maybe you kicked off the covers.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)