Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

opk test..im confused

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:30 AM
  • 10 Replies

I took a test last night (top) & bottom (right now 4/13)..they look ready to me but I've never seen a positive opk yet. And clear blue did not give me a happy face yet. Is the test line supposed to be darker? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated; )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tabitha8501
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:33 AM
Test line is suppose to be the same or darker. Your pic is kinda blurry I'd say your there or real close. You may try testing twice a day now that its close or there. That way you make site you catch it. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabitha8501
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:34 AM
Also are you taking them with fmu? If so They can be really confusing. I'd try afternoon urine to get the most accurate results
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catpie
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:37 AM
What's fmu? Thanks Tabitha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
truelyred2
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:40 AM

FMU is first morning urine. It is not recommended for opks as the lutenizing hormone you are testing for surges during the morning but is not in the urine until later in the day.

tabitha8501
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:42 AM
First morning urine. I kept thinking I was getting almost positives but then was told its because I was using first morning urine to test. Apparently the best tine to test is between. 4-6 pm. I tested around 3 pm. I guess we all Have some lh in our systems and its consatrated in the am so messes up the test. I wish they would say this on the box. I rushed home on lunch break to bd for nothing
lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catpie
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:49 AM
LOL...well you BD for fun too. I did fmu. I will re-test this afternoon; ) thanks so much
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabitha8501
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:53 AM
Yeah but it wasn't fun cause I wasn't in the mood and had like 15 mins to do the deed. LOL. I hate things being timed. Oh well its something we laugh about now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessecia
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:06 AM

Whats wierd is, I got a VERY POSITIVE OPK yesterday from Anwser (the line test) and tested the SAME urine with Clearblue and I did not get a happy face either. :(  I will not be using those again because I KNOW I ovulated last night because I had major twinges, EWCM, and my temps jumped up a whole degree this morning so Clearblue can kiss my @$$.  I would go with assuming you are about to ovulate and get to BD'ing.  :-) Good luck!

catpie
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:17 AM
Tabitah, men don't mind a quicky, we do LOL. Just so unplanned and unromantic but a girl is got to do what a girl is gotta do; )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catpie
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:30 AM
Jessica, that's so odd. I thought clear blue digits are supposed to be real good and way Better than answers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)