Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

opk..... is it close?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:13 PM
  • 5 Replies

took an opk ....got a negative but the stick had a light pink line in the test area.....manufaturer says it is negative, but does that mean it is picking up some LH and O is around the corner?

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MommyIvy
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:14 PM

It means there is a little LH, but it has to be as dark or darker to be positive. Some people never get a line at all and then bam it is there. GL!

Proud_Mommy05
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:17 PM

This  Good luck!!!

Quoting MommyIvy:

It means there is a little LH, but it has to be as dark or darker to be positive. Some people never get a line at all and then bam it is there. GL!

kajira
by Emma on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:19 PM

I had a OPK test the first day I started charting that showed up beign about as dark as the control line. i counted THAT as a positive, because the next day, there was NO line. ^.^ and i've had increased sex drive and egg white style fluids.

I didn't do temp charting this cycle, because I didn't expect to get a OPK positive like that. I was expecting it to be blank. ^.^

crossermom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Make sure to always read the directions on OPK packages!! Some OPK's are considered pos if there are lines even if the test isn't as dark as the control (I've had a few of these). It sounds like yours needs to be as dark or darker to be considered positive. Make sure you test the same time each day and you should start to see that test line get darker. Also monitor your other fertility signs such as cervical fluid and sex drive..... all of these things combined should give you a pretty good idea. Good luck!!

OliviaLouise29
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:03 PM

thanks! i appreciate all the wishes and advise

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)