Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many of you are suffering from secondary infertility?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:07 PM
  • 68 Replies

How many of you are suffering from secondary infertility? I have a dd but just can't seem to have another.

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mipsy
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:12 PM

It took 15 months, one loss, and 2 rounds of drugs to conceive my son. This time it has been 2yrs and 3 losses and still no pregnancy.

bonnebell81
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:21 PM

Hey hun even though I have ttc #3 I have read that even when ttc your 3rd that it can be secondary infertility when it's been over a year so I am guessing that's what I am dealing with. #2 with dh just isn't happening. My 1st daughter I conceived when I was just 20 and a fertile myrtle, 1 chemical pregnancy and 5 years later my little dd came along after only 6 months of ttc. So this last time around with ttc is baffling to me but that's mother nature for ya! I hope you get your BFP asap!!!:) 

kajira
by Emma on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:22 PM

<--- my kids are 7 years apart, and we are now TTC #3 - I'm hoping it doesn't take 7 years. Ugh.

bonnebell81
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:23 PM

I'm so sorry Mipsy!!! Hugs.

Quoting Mipsy:

It took 15 months, one loss, and 2 rounds of drugs to conceive my son. This time it has been 2yrs and 3 losses and still no pregnancy.

corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:37 PM

I raise my hand!  It took me a long time to concieve my second child.  Granted, it took me 3 years to concieve my son too :/.  

Hang in there.  I know the issues surrounding secondary infertiltiy are not the same as primary, so even those who don't have children yet don't understand your pain and struggles at all.  They don't understand thte time constraints nearly as well and they presume you should be happy because you already have a child :/

Hang in there. And I hope you get your BFP soon!

DACIA79
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:56 PM

Secondary Infertility after Depo Provera

MommyIvy
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:01 PM

I has secondary(well 3rd) after Mirena. It took almost 2 years and lots of meds.

crazy4u49033
by Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:07 PM

ME!!! I have just started looking into it. I don't know if I count b/c even though we have been ttc for 13 months we did have a pregnacy and loss within that time frame. I do know that it is SOOOOO frustrating

pnut1027
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:10 PM

I am having problems conceiving #3.  DD#1 is adopted DD#2 took 5 yrs TTC & now we just entered month 18. 

.Angelica.
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:13 PM

Apparently I am. We didn't try for my son, but it happened within less than 4 months. Going on 2 1/2 years now :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)