Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about cysts. And Ovulation.

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:12 PM
  • 8 Replies

Last year I had a very small cyst pop up on me but it went away on it's own not sure if I have gotten anymore since then. Will that affect our ttc? And I have been using an ovulation chart online to track my fertile days and the best ways to ttc a boy. The chart gave me the thumbs up to do the bd with dh yesterday saying that was my last fertile day. Today I'm having light cramps?? Is that normal?? I didn't have this problem with my last 2 pregnancies.

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Jessicajgraeler
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:17 PM

i dont know much about the cists, but I dont think it should effect anything unless you Dr. told you prevouisly that it could affect something, do you have PCOS?

MommyIvy
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:19 PM

I dont know about the cysts, but the cramps are normal.

GabbyP.
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:22 PM

Nope no PCOS that I know of. It was a random thing. I havn't felt pain like that since it burst. So I don't believe I have gotten anymore.

Quoting Jessicajgraeler:

i dont know much about the cists, but I dont think it should effect anything unless you Dr. told you prevouisly that it could affect something, do you have PCOS?

Rosiecheeks309
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:03 PM

I have had 4 cysts, 3 of which were before my 2 children were born and the 4th one my doctor found a "pulip" (start of a cyst) after I gave birth to my 2nd.

My 1st cyst ruptured overnight, and my other 2 absorbed......painful SOB's thats for sure!

So the answer to your questions is, I think everyones is different but it never affected my ttc. I think it would be a good question for you to ask your doctor.

kajira
by Emma on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:04 PM

If your worried, this is something you'd need to speak to your midwife or OB about and figure out. Different types of cysts can be normal and others can keep you from ovulating if you have cystic ovaries and they keep an egg from developing properly.

corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:06 PM

Hey,

Well, it depends on the type of cyst that you are getting and how prolific they are.  Either the cyst is there because you aren't ovulating (which is obviously a big problem) or you may have a corpus luteum cyst which may delay your period unrelated to pregnancy.

The best thing to do is talk to your doctor, especially if you are irregular and/or known for having cysts.  Hopefully they will be able to tell you the type of cyst you have and hopefully can tell you ways of preventing them :)

good luck!

HisB0107
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:46 PM

It shouldn't. Sometimes those who have problems with cysts, like those with pcos (me. and probably more here) will see problems with tube blockage from having so many cysts bursting and creating scar tissue. But just one or two cysts should't be a problem. good luck :)

.Angelica.
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:51 PM

I get light cramp type feelings with O, but they are off to one side.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)