Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about OPKs

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:22 PM
  • 9 Replies

today is my 3rd day getting a positve OPK now is this normal? this is my first time using OPKs so I'm not sure if it's normal or not lol

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MommyIvy
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:30 PM

It is normal. They say to stop testing after the first positive and that you will ovulate 12-36 hrs later. GL!

heather406
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:34 PM

Totally normal.  Some people will get positives for days before they start to fade.  GL! :) 

kajira
by Emma on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:36 PM

The LH surge can last up to 5 days, but from the first "positive" that is when your lh surge happens and while it may stay elevated a few days during your ovulation period, I would chart to make sure it goes back down - SOME LH charts will stay positive once you concieve. (though - rare. LOL)

then you know the LH surge is over and you can start the 2WW wait.

I would chart through the OPK surge, just to make sure the first one was real and you don't get a secondary surge in a week or two. they aren't always super accurate.

the best way to make sure the LH surge is real, is charting your mucus along with it and wait for the temp spike - that says ovulation did happen for sure.

krystyneh
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:00 PM

Thanks everyone and I have been charting my BBT and my mucus and today and the last two days it was like eggwhites so I know that's when you are the most fertile and you ovulate soon after so I'm waiting to see :) I hope this is the month I get my BFPfingers crossed

kajira
by Emma on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:03 PM

good luck!

Quoting krystyneh:

Thanks everyone and I have been charting my BBT and my mucus and today and the last two days it was like eggwhites so I know that's when you are the most fertile and you ovulate soon after so I'm waiting to see :) I hope this is the month I get my BFPfingers crossed

newmom2be08
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:11 PM

It can be normal, and then again not.  I usually get 2-3 days of positive OPKs, so it is normal for me.  You are most likely catching your surge at the beginning all the way to the end and needless to say, you have a long surge.  Now, on the other hand, multiple days of positive OPKs might indicate PCOS.  I don't have PCOS, but I've read that women with PCOS can have positive OPK's for many days in a row.   

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
krystyneh
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:36 PM

I do have PCOS that's the thing but I'm really hoping that it's normal because my husband and I have been TTC for 1 year now and our daughter is 3 1/2 and keeps asking for a baby brother or a baby sister or as she says she wants one of each lol next month hopefully my OBGYN will put me on clomid but I'm really hoping for a BFP this month

newmom2be08
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:39 PM

Quoting krystyneh:

I do have PCOS that's the thing but I'm really hoping that it's normal because my husband and I have been TTC for 1 year now and our daughter is 3 1/2 and keeps asking for a baby brother or a baby sister or as she says she wants one of each lol next month hopefully my OBGYN will put me on clomid but I'm really hoping for a BFP this month

Your doctor would be able to answer that for you.  Hope you get your BFP very, very soon!  :)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
krystyneh
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:03 PM

thanks everyone :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)