Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

M/C ....NEEDING A LITTLE ADVICE...

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:22 PM
  • 6 Replies

NOT EVERYONE KNOWS ME OR THE FACT THAT DH AND I HAVE BEEN TTC FOR 5YRS...WE FOUND OUT WE WERE PREGNANT ON MARCH 31ST ( OUR 5YR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY) AND THEN FOUND OUT WE LOST OUR BABY ON APRIL 1ST....THAT WAS ONE OF THE TOUGHEST WEEKS OF MY LIFE....I WAS SO ANGRY, AND SO SAD...NO I AM NOT OVER IT, IT STILL HURTS. THIS WEEKEND MY SIL SENT ME A TXT MSG TELLING ME SHE WAS PREGNANT, WHICH I BTW THOUGHT WAS SUCH A COWARDLY MOVE ON HER PART, SHE KNOWS HOW LONG WE HAVE BEEN TTC, AND SHE KNOWS WE RECENTLY SUFFERED A LOSS, ON SUNDAY THEY PROCEED TO TELL THE IN-LAWS AND THEN GET MAD AT ME BECAUSE I GOT UPSET....HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FEEL? THEIR BABY WILL BE DUE THE WEEK AFTER MINE SHOULD HAVE BEEN DUE, EVERYTHING MY SIL DOES IS WHAT I SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOING....IT HURTS AND NOBODY SEEMS TO UNDERSTAND IT.....MY FAVE PART OF THE WHOLE THING WAS HER TELLING MY MIL THAT HER AND HER HUSBAND HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR A WHOLE 3 MONTHS AND IT WAS SOOO STRESSFULL! I WANTED TO RING HER NECK....DONT GET ME WRONG THEY DESERVE TO BE EXCITED, THEY SHOULD BE...BUT I JUST FELT THE SITUATION COULD HAVE BEEN HANDLED BETTER THAN THAT....IN CONCLUSION I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANY OF YA'LL HAVE HAD THIS HAPPEN AND IF SO HOW DID YOU HANDLE IT? THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR TIME AND LOST OF BABY DUST TO EVERYONE!

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lailareed
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:29 PM

HUGS HUNNY... i suffered a mc a while back and everytime i saw a pregnant woman, i hated them i hated them for having a baby, and for being happy and for me not being them. and no one understood it. I wrote about it alot,a nd still have journals and poems from then...HUGS. and i'm here if you need anything.

heather406
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:36 PM

I probably would've rung her neck!  I know that's terrible, but it infuriates me when people are so thoughtless when someone is suffering a loss, and to get upset about someone else being upset?  That's sad. :(  Im sorry you're going through all that, and it's TOTALLY normal to experience feelings like that.  After my miscarriage, 2 or 3 of my good friends got pregnant, and while they didnt exactly throw it in my face, it hurt each and every time.  I hated the entire world for a while.  It'll get better, even though it takes time. *hugs*

VintageWife
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:40 PM

I'm so sorry :( That hasn't happened to me, but I think she could have handled it better. How hurtful to text someone. Why couldn't she have met you for lunch or something and eased it on to you and offered support if you needed it. By texting it like that she made it seem like you were unstable and she couldn't offer you support in person.

If it were me, I would have told you in person and probably by saying something about knowing it was hard for you but not wanting to leave you in the dark about it or treat you like and invalid. I would have let you know I understood if you needed to back away from me during my pregnancy since yours would have been at the same place.

MommyIvy
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:42 PM

I am sorry she hurt you. Maybe you could talk to her about it and how you feel.

Rosiecheeks309
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:56 PM

I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you! I would just try and talk to her, even though it will be hard.

codysmom783
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:08 PM

ITS OFFICIAL IM PRETTY SURE SIL IS DRAMA QUEEN...SHE HAD HER HUSBAND CALL MINE, WANTING TO KNOW WHY IM SO UPSET? GEEZ IDK? WHY AM I UPSET? IM UPSET BECAUSE YOU DONT HAVE ENOUGH BALLS TO TELL ME IN PERSON THAT YOUR PREGNANT, IM UPSET BECAUSE YOU MADE A HUGE DEAL OUT OF IT A WEEK AFTER I LOST MY BABY, IM UPSET BECAUSE YOU WHINED ABOUT HOW LONG IT TOOK YOU TO GET PREGNANT, WHICH WAS ONLY 3 MONTHS...TRY 5YRS OF IT! IM NOT MAD, IM HEARTBROKEN...BIG DIFFERENCE...BUT I WILL SAY THIS...IM ALREADY VERY LUCKY, I ALREADY HAVE A WONDERFUL LITTLE BOY, WHO COULDNT HAVE BEEN A BETTER SURPRISE TO ME...I HAVE A WONDERFUL HUSBAND WHO WOULD DO ANYTHING AND WALK THROUGH HELL FOR ME...IM A LUCKY GIRL! IM NOT GOING TO LET HER DRAMA QUEEN WAYS RUIN MY LIFE!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)