Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Irregular Periods?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:50 PM
  • 10 Replies
who has very unpredictable periods with no explanation? mine vary from 2-6 months. hate always thinking im pregnant and then seeing a huge BFN. breaks my heart a little each time when i see not even the faintest of a second line. everyone keeps telling me to do the opks. but that would get expensive real fast!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wildflower1976
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 4:54 PM

If you want to do the OPKs, I get them from ebay...25 for $5.....a lot cheaper than the store.

.Angelica.
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:03 PM

you should try temping. It won't tell you before you O but it will at least let you know that you have.

Have you looked into natural things to help regulate your cycles?

TBSNBubblegum
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:51 PM
not really. i've never been good about taking pills everyday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyIvy
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:11 PM

You can get OPK's pretty cheap from Amazon.  I dont know if you want to go the Chlomid route, but that helped me ovulate. Mine were irregular from not ovulating. GL!

cameronsmom8
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:11 PM

Go to EBAY!!!! They are super super cheap!  they are called Wondfo, and they are the best, you can get i think its 30 ovulation and 10 pregnancy tests for like 1.00, then shipping is around 4.00 or 5.00.  It takes about 2 weeks or so to ship from Honk Kong, but they work awesome! Do it now! You will be glad you did!!!

brittaniepierce
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 8:29 AM

Awwww have you talked to your OB/GYN? I have semi irigular cycles (27-34), but not as irrigullar as yours. My OB/GYN ran a few tests and then put me on Clomid. I also agree with the other ladies......... pick up some OPK's. You can buy them at the dollar store or http://early-pregnancy-tests.com/. GL and Baby Dust to you! 

Brittanie, wife to Scott and momma to Saylor. Also TTC and hoping for baby number 2:

ttcbabylovepred
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 1:49 PM

so sorry you are going through this. Have you checked for pcos?

doopey
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 1:58 PM

For the longest time my periods were always 'normal - every 28 days on the dot'.  Now, they are all over the place - anywhere from 24 days to my longest 68 days.  I told my Dr about it and he's doing some tests to see what's going on. We've already done blood work and an ultrasound and everything looked fine.... so, it's just a mystery. I tried for 7 mos to get a BFP only to have a miscarriage @ 10w.  Now, I'm in my 8th month of TTC and still nothing. If it doesn't happen this month - I have to make an appt when AF does show up and we're gonna start clomid. If it doesn't happen soon - I'm giving up on #4 (have 3 daughters, hubby wants a boy).

kajira
by Emma on Apr. 14, 2011 at 2:10 PM

Okay - so my suggestions here are simple.

Go on a low carb/gluten free diet. - Often processed foods aren't an "allergic" reaction but can mess up everything in your body if you have a hard time digesting them.

get your thyroid checked.

Start taking folic acid, and a woman's health vitamin.

Take a vitamin C and D supplement, and see if your okay to take a b16 vitamin supplement.

consider taking chaste tree berry, aka Vitex - it can help regulate your system and get your hormones working properly.

Consider drinking Red leaf tea at 6x cups per day to help tone your utuerus and get it healthier. ^.^

Make sure you walk, or exercise at least 15 minutes a day to just keep "you" healthier.

Then, once your doing all that.. (this is coming from a long term TTCer who after 5 years, and then going gluten free, finally got a BFP and am now back in the saddle TTC again - the healthier YOU are over-all, the better your body will work in general, which is a good starting point.)

Try charting with OPK's, and keeping track to make sure you are ovulating - or not missing ovulation - the temp mixed with OPK's will be pretty accurate, you can also chart by cervical fluids - with the other two and that's a great place to start to build up hard data of what your body is doing to go off of.

- (which is the point i'm at now.) -

Then, you can induce a period every 6 weeks or so with progesterone cream (which is over the counter and safe to take.) to help you regulate your body - this is what I did and with everything else, worked for me. I was trying to get my body to regulate itself for an IVF cycle. I got pregnant between cycles while I was working on "me".

This time around, i'm doing the same stuff, only charting and getting hard data to go off of, I don't think IVF is needed for me, but something is "off" in my body and i'm trying to eliminate problems 1 at a time by getting hard data, and getitng healthier/staying healthier, etc.

there's things you can take besides chaste tree, and progesterone to help regulate your cycle too that are better than clomid and hard-core fertility drugs.

Maybe see a naturalpath and go from there?

TBSNBubblegum
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 3:55 PM
my doctor doesnt think i have pcos cuz my blood levels are normal supposedly. i guess i just dont have the motivation to do all this stuff to ttc. some stuff i will look into like opks. and trying for a more healthy me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)