Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Brought You To This Group?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:59 PM
  • 33 Replies

I know I joined this group in February 2010 to find support for trying to conceive because I knew my hubby would think I'm crazy and some of my friends wouldn't understand.  This group has been an excellent support system but lately everyone seems to be at each other's throats.  I would like us all to take a minute to reflect on why we joined this group in the first place.  I would like to extend a very warm welcome to all the new members who have recently joined and say congratulations to anyone's BFP that I might have missed.  I just have to say if it weren't for this group I wouldn't have some of the wonderful friends that I do now!  Even though I am on a break from trying I am still sending tons of baby dust and good luck to all the girls still ttc!  I wish each and everyone of you a BFP no matter if it has been a month or years!

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyIvy
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:00 PM

I needed support and didnt know where to start. I had been tryign for a while already and didnt know what I was doing really. I also needed someone to talk to, most family and friends didnt know we were TTC.

MissKrystal
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:02 PM

I joined this group after having problems conceiving my now 2 year old. It took my husband and I four years to conceive him. I learned SOO much back then. And I got my BFP after only 7 months because of that. Now, I am back to TTC. I am sad that most of my friends are gone now, but I am always up for new ones!

annamcg18
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:04 PM

I joined to get knowledge on something I knew nothing about. It was easy 3 months with my first but after I think 6months this time I joined. Yall are really awesome!

kajira
by Emma on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:08 PM

I've been a member of this group on and off over the years.

I stopped posting here when I finally got my BFP - i don't think I even announced it here, just quietly slipped away.

i had a very traumatic pregnancy with her - but it turned out okay in the end, and I have a healthy 4 month old baby now, and we are back to TTC again.

we want a big family and if it takes another 5 years to get pregnant again we aren't going to wait until she's 2 or 3 to start - so we are starting "now".

bonnebell81
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:08 PM

Like you girl we were just starting out ttc in Feb last year and I too was in need of some support so I came here. I am so glad that I did because I met some great ladies and have felt for the most part supported in this ttc journey. Let's keep this group wonderful and respectful!:) Good to all!

ttc 9 Pictures, Images and Photos

newmom2be08
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:15 PM

I started with this group about three years ago, but when it gets a little out of control, I tend to take a break.  I don't like the drama of it, but I like to help others if I can and I hope they can help me too.  We all are in the same boat and know that TTC isn't always fun!  I've made some wonderful friends on here too and look forward to making more!  Hugs to all of you!!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
tonidrum214
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:15 PM

I came across this group by accident but have stayed for a reason the advice and just the moral support that is given here is amazing.  I know that i haven't been trying for long but the support that i got before, during, and after my  miscarriage was more then i could have hoped for.  I felt more comfortable talking to you ladies then i did my own mother and any other family member for that matter!  And the information that i have come across here is incredible.. My heart breaks everyday for the women that have been here for months or years, I couldn't even imagine what you all have gone through.  You are much stronger then I will ever be.  I just want to say thank you to all the ladies here and that i wish you all the best of luck and I say that with my WHOLE heart.

angevil53
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:25 PM

it took me three years to get pregnant the first time, i didn't know what i was doing (well, i knew "part" of it lol) and i had a m/c. later after i gathered the information from the dr and stuff i realized it was a blighted ovum, i was young and the dr's were busy so i didn't get the info i deserved. i went to a preconception visit and they gave me another 6 months to conceive before giving me drugs. i used my clear blue fertility monitor and found out i was already pregnant. i did go on to have my baby. this time it's been four years since i had my son and figured it would take just as long if not longer. with the help of my monitor i conceived again, even with a huge cycle problem. i got lucky. i did join this group to read about things in real time before i even got out my monitor again, just to get into the swing of things.

2_boys_1_girl
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:27 PM

I came for the support, but honestly I don't know why I have stayed, since I can't get answers from anybody, and I rarely get support...I guess because I figure if nobody wants to help me thats fine, but I can at least try to help them....

tazdale
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:35 PM

We started TTC in March of 2010, I joined because I had no clue, being we are trying for our first..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)