Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

How many weeks equals how many months?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:06 PM
  • 10 Replies
So this may be a silly question, but how do u figure out how many months u are pregnant? Do you count from the first day of ur last period? So like mine was jan 13 so would that put me at 3 months? Is there a site to find the whole weeks equals months thing? Thank you for reading!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
candcsmom2008
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:52 PM

The first 13 weeks from your period is first trimester, 13 weeks 1 day to 27 weeks 6 days is the second trimester, then 28 weeks to 40 weeks is the third and final trimester.,. That is what I have been told.. Gl momma

MommaLaura
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:08 PM
Okay. Thank you. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JessBarnes53
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:18 PM

This...

Quoting candcsmom2008:

The first 13 weeks from your period is first trimester, 13 weeks 1 day to 27 weeks 6 days is the second trimester, then 28 weeks to 40 weeks is the third and final trimester.,. That is what I have been told.. Gl momma

ANSnyder
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:10 PM

Also you have to remember that we are considered pregnant for 40 weeks which would actually be 10 months not 9 like everyone grows up thinking. I think that is why so many woman us weeks when they are asked how far along they are. Because if you say you are 3 months you could have 6 more to go or 7 more to go...

CafeMom Tickers
biancalina20
by Bianca on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:13 PM
Actually by the time u find out ur pregnant, ur already a "month" preg and have 9 to go so that's also why people think its 9 months instead of 10. Better just to count the weeks lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jenniferw10
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Quoting candcsmom2008:

This is the breakdown of trimesters according to many websites especially WTE.com

The months are broken down a little different. I am 33 weeks right now considered to be in my 8th month which started at 32 weeks. I will be 9 months at 37 weeks.

MancusoK08
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 10:26 AM

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Right now you're about 13 weeks pregnant and your baby is the size of a medium shrimp.

This is from Babycenter.com on the due date calculator, I but in your LMP and this is what it said! and here is a website for trimesters:  http://pregnancy.about.com/od/trimesterguide/f/3trimesters.htm

MommaLaura
by on Apr. 17, 2011 at 7:08 PM
Thank you ladies! I do really just go my weeks but I got this little magazine thing called something like as your baby grows. And it does month 1 up to month 9. And I wasn't sure what month I was considered to be in. Haha. Thanks again! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blazenangel5
by on Apr. 17, 2011 at 8:52 PM

I am 33 weeks as well, I will be 34 weeks as of Thursday! When is your official due date? 

Quoting jenniferw10:

Quoting candcsmom2008:

This is the breakdown of trimesters according to many websites especially WTE.com

The months are broken down a little different. I am 33 weeks right now considered to be in my 8th month which started at 32 weeks. I will be 9 months at 37 weeks.

CafeMom Tickers
Wildflower1976
by on Apr. 17, 2011 at 8:56 PM

LOL...people responses are funny. You are pregnant a full 9 months (thats why its 40 wks). The first day of your last period is considered the first day of your pregnancy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)