Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Clomid

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:54 PM
  • 19 Replies

Can anyone provide me some insight on Clomid?  I just saw my OB yesterday and he said to call him when I get AF to make appt - I think he's gonna put me on Clomid.  All he told me was he was gonna give me a pill to take during Days 5-9.  I have never been on it and not sure what all to expect.  Will I just take the pills for the specified time and then just BD every other day until my next AF?  Or, do I need to go back and see my OB for an US or something?

I have 3 daughters and are trying one more time - hoping for a boy (for hubby's sake - he feels out numbered).  We tried for 7 mos and got PG but had a miscarriage around 10w.  We have now been trying for 8 mos and nothing :(
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kristinleigh21
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:58 PM

My gyn put me on 50mg the first round on days 2-6, it varies from Dr, and I have to go back every cd21-23 to get blood drawn. Some gyn do an ultrasound to see if there are any follicles. Symptoms also vary from person... the only thing I have experienced is hotflashes and headaches! GL and I hope the clomid works for you!

brandiaubrey
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:09 PM
I am on my first cycle with clomid. I take it 5-9 and so far I have had moodyness and full/tender boobs. I hope that means its working. Good luck! A lot of these ladies have some really good info on it. Baby dust.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
c_mckinney_17
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:14 PM

I'm on cycle two of clomid cd5-9 last month I took 50mg and this month 100mg, I've had a terrible time on it, nausea, headaches, dizziness, hot flashes. luckily they have eased up since my last pill. I haven't had to go in for any u/s or blood work. every doctor does it differently. If I go 4 cycles without a successful pregnancy thats when my doctor will start watching me closer. GL and Baby Dust

wife2jeff
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:25 PM
I will be starting 50mg of clomid days 3-7 next cycle. So, I dont know too much about it. Sorry, but good luck!:)
wife2jeff
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:26 PM
Oh - there is a slight increase of multiple births for women who take clomid. That's why some doctors do mid cycle ultrasounds to check for follicles.
retrn2reality
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:29 PM

I am starting my first cycle of it on Fri. CD5-9.... GL to you!

kiddo0820
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:39 PM

The first thing I'm going to say is prepare yourself for the side effects. for me I get crazy hot flashes, headaches, mood swings, upset stomachs and very tired and dizzy. I take them CD 5-9 and when I first started taking them my Dr. just has me chart my temp and use OPKs so I knew if I ovulated, then after being on them for about 7 months she started having me come in on CD 15 for an trans vaginal ultrasound to see if my lining was good and to see how many follicle I have and how big they are, then she'll tell me the best days to BD. if you can it would be best to take it at night right before bed (ask your dr. if it's ok) so you sleep through most the side effects. oh and for me, I get pinching and stabbing feelings in my ovaries pretty much the day after the last pill, if that happens to you, it's just your ovaries gearing up.

retrn2reality
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:42 PM

Thanx this was uber helpful to me.... I am extremely nervous!

Quoting kiddo0820:

The first thing I'm going to say is prepare yourself for the side effects. for me I get crazy hot flashes, headaches, mood swings, upset stomachs and very tired and dizzy. I take them CD 5-9 and when I first started taking them my Dr. just has me chart my temp and use OPKs so I knew if I ovulated, then after being on them for about 7 months she started having me come in on CD 15 for an trans vaginal ultrasound to see if my lining was good and to see how many follicle I have and how big they are, then she'll tell me the best days to BD. if you can it would be best to take it at night right before bed (ask your dr. if it's ok) so you sleep through most the side effects. oh and for me, I get pinching and stabbing feelings in my ovaries pretty much the day after the last pill, if that happens to you, it's just your ovaries gearing up.

kiddo0820
by Gold Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:47 PM

You're welcome. If you have any questions about clomid you can pm me and I'll try to help the best I can. I have been on it over and year so I'm a seasoned user...lol. don't let the fact that I've been on it a year be discouraging because I do ovulate every month on it. I just found out at my last fertility dr. appointment that I might have a problem with my cervix not letting the swimmers through, so I might be trying IUI to see if that's the case.

Quoting retrn2reality:

Thanx this was uber helpful to me.... I am extremely nervous!

Quoting kiddo0820:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

KaitlinC87
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:56 PM

My OBGYN put me on 50mg CD5-9 for my first cycle and said try to BD every day (if not then every other day) from CD10-CD20. Then I went for a CD21 progesterone draw to see if I ovulated. My progesterone level indicated I didn't ovulate. So I will be trying 100mg next week. Good luck to you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)