Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Period from Hell *UPDATED*

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:26 PM
  • 8 Replies

So I am on CD 8 and AF is still going strong. UGH! What do I do? Usually I'm done on CD 6, sometimes 7 but its always lighter around CD 5. This month has been SUPER heavy. Im so glad Im taking EPO cuz it makes it so I dont have cramps and I know that if I wasnt taking it the cramps would b from Hell too.  I have progesterone cream, and I know that will stop it but will it hurt my chances of getting my BFP? Confused...

SO it is now day 9 of the period from Hell. No end in sight. Ugh! Just go away AF! No one wants you!

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ld39503
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:39 PM
8 days? Yikes I'm sorry. I know it has to b frustrating. Sorry I have no input, what is EPO? Im curious.
Mrs.Torres2566
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:43 PM

Evening Primrose Oil. It helps create EWCM (Egg white cervical mucus, the most fertile kind) which I dont create on my own. Its just a plus that it alleviates cramps. Seriously I havent had 1 cramp this entire AF cycle and Im usually in intense pain. I was reading something about it yesterday and saw that it helps with cramps too. I was like, huh, no wonder I havent been cramping.

Quoting ld39503:

8 days? Yikes I'm sorry. I know it has to b frustrating. Sorry I have no input, what is EPO? Im curious.

Proud_Mommy05
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:22 PM

UGH!  After I had my son my AF would last 10 or more days and was super heavy.  So I feel you pain.  I didn't do much about it but took ibuprofen for the pain (which I know you don't have) but for the flow I just dealt with it hoping it would get better.  Sorry I don't have any better advice to give you.  ((HUGS))

HopefulMommy89
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:28 PM

Yikes. Sounds like mine pretty much every month (except this month...it was only 2 days plus a week of light spotting) so my joke is that maybe AF was giving me a break this month because she's usually a total biotch...Lol

laughing

ld39503
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:20 PM

Oh wow! I will b getting some of that now :) Thanx for the info!

Quoting Mrs.Torres2566:

Evening Primrose Oil. It helps create EWCM (Egg white cervical mucus, the most fertile kind) which I dont create on my own. Its just a plus that it alleviates cramps. Seriously I havent had 1 cramp this entire AF cycle and Im usually in intense pain. I was reading something about it yesterday and saw that it helps with cramps too. I was like, huh, no wonder I havent been cramping.

Quoting ld39503:

becs0808
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:23 PM
Hopefully its nothing like mine were last year some went for over 20 days and I didn't have insurance so I just stuck them out. But finally got to see a doc about it and they can give you pills to stop it if it goes on much longer or gets any worse! Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crossermom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:34 PM
Is the epo new for you? Herbals can screw up an otherwise normal cycle. I know some have used them successfully but i've heard too many horror storries and i don't like the lack of monitoring as is with "traditional" meds.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Torres2566
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 4:45 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)