Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ok could u be pg if u r late but got a negative?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:43 AM
  • 10 Replies
I am like 2 weeks late with my period. Took a test 2 days ago and it came out negative. It's not possible to be this late, have a test come out negative a couple of days ago and be pregnant is it? Hopefully you get my question.
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marluvsric
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:46 AM

i wish i knew ...im 9 days late and i also took a test and it came out negative...ugh im so confused!!!!!!!

MumsTheWord571
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:48 AM

yep! I was nearly 9 weeks before I got a pos HPT and BLOOD TEST with my DS!

my sisters are the same way too- when they were pregnant with their boys (but not the girls for whatever reason) we didn't get positive tests until 2 months or so along!

emmyandlisa
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:50 AM
Good, I feel better. Thanks!
biancalina20
by Bianca on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:09 AM

Yes its possible that you ovulated later than you were supposed to or your egg got fertilized later,,, so yes

mandm08
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:58 AM

Quoting biancalina20:

Yes its possible that you ovulated later than you were supposed to or your egg got fertilized later,,, so yes

Yup, this exactly

heythereelizah
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:03 AM
I was 3 months along before I knew I was pregnant with my daughter. It was terrible for me because I had been drinking and smoking that whole time. I was so scared I did some kind of long lasting damage. I tested every week and it came up negative. Then I passed out and was rushed to the ER and they told me then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamie_85
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:36 AM

it's definitely possible

sweet_bumblbee
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:46 AM

It is possible, but sometimes your body will just skip a period for no reason. I had that happen my periods was a no show for the whole month of August and then  it showed up the next month. Back to routine as normal. My periods have always been clock work and never missed unless I was pregnant. I have to say though after that happen I was pregnant few months after that.

RedheadMama18
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:10 AM

Yes it is possible.  I have known several people who couldn't get a BFP until almost 12 weeks along.  Good luck!

dragonqueen
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:11 PM
With dd2 I had a few negative tests before I got a positive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)