Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about the cheap internet preg. tests!

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:29 PM
  • 8 Replies

Ok, real quick. I bought a pack of the cheap internet pregnancy tests and this morning at 13dpo I took one with FMU, put it down and came back to it about 5-10min later and I had a nice line.  I have had some bad evaps in the past and one chemical preg. so I took another with SMU and it was a BFN!! AF actually isn't due for another 2 days so I am wondering, can sensativity change from test to test. LIke one be more sensative to another even though they are the same brand.  Wondering if I should buy a FRER to take with FMU tomorrow at 14dp and CD 33 of a 34 day cycle? 

I am a proud Army wife and college educated SAHM who believes in: co -sleeping, non CIO, baby wearing, EBFing until self weaning, delayed solids, cloth diapering and vaxing on schedule....I AM AN ATTACHED PARENT!!

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
RedheadMama18
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:49 PM

I think they can have different sensitivities.  I would take another with FMU tomorrow!  Good luck and baby dust!  Do you have a picture of the test with a line?

dhiannian
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:11 PM

Quoting RedheadMama18:

I think they can have different sensitivities.  I would take another with FMU tomorrow!  Good luck and baby dust!  Do you have a picture of the test with a line?

dhiannian
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:12 PM

Also next time you take one keep the urine, and if a line shows up dip another to rule out an evap. GL!

spiritedmama
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:35 PM

Geniouse!! Why did I think of that!!! I wasn't able to get a picture =( I got in the shower after I saw the line and was so excited to see it again to make sure it was real I picked up the test as soon as I got out of the shower and my wet hands on the cheap dip stick just saturated it and I lost the line =( BUT it was still there and VERY visable!! I have the WORST headache today so I am going to go lay down and take a nap with the kids and I might try another test later this afternoon.  I have a bunch of them so it's not like it's my last one.  I also bought a good one for tomorrow morning with FMU since I am still not officially late so that concintrated FMU might be what's giving me the positive. 

Quoting dhiannian:

Also next time you take one keep the urine, and if a line shows up dip another to rule out an evap. GL!

I am a proud Army wife and college educated SAHM who believes in: co -sleeping, non CIO, baby wearing, EBFing until self weaning, delayed solids, cloth diapering and vaxing on schedule....I AM AN ATTACHED PARENT!!

Angels200
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:36 PM

I am not sure what you mean by "FRER"? Sry I can't help, but here's a BUMP.

AKmom1974
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:15 PM

Quoting Angels200:

I am not sure what you mean by "FRER"? Sry I can't help, but here's a BUMP.

good luck   what does FRER mean?

adalinasmommy
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:27 PM
First response early result pregnancy test ( frer)
hwalker123
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 6:02 PM

yes it can be be the sensitivity. It says with the directions not to read it after 5 min because it can turn + when its not as well. You still have a chance though. Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)