Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC After 170lbs lost!

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:45 PM
  • 16 Replies

Hey there ladies!! I wanted to post a little introduction about me and hopefully share experiences!  My name is Elle, I am 23 and have been married for 2 years.  We have not seriously tried to conceive but have not used protection in 3 years.  We are both young, I am 23, he is 25.  We never have been pregnant.  I started to feel like I personally had fertility problems.  One main reason I thought this is that for most of my life I was morbidly obese.  A little over a year ago I had gastric bypass and lost over 170lbs, my life and body changed dramatically.  I have become an active person and have been very happy. I have a little bit more to lose but all of my health scans have given me a "healthy" bill of health.  It is also known when you lose a greaqt amount of weight quickly, especially with gastic bypass that  women are typically much more fertile.  I was even warned by my surgeon to be careful not to get pregnant in the first year after surgery.  

This brings me to now, over a year later and my husband and I are ready to try for our first.   This month I charted my ovulation.  We tried for 4 days including the days surrounding, and the day of suspected ovulation.  Today I would be nearly 7-8 DPO.  About 5 days post ovulation I started feeling a lot of pressure almost a tugging feeling VERY low near the Uterus/pelvic bone area.  This has continued off and on since.  I don't have any other "symptoms" but have done research that this indeed could be a very early sign.  I have read a few posts on here that say the same thing.  I would like to hear from the women that have maybe experienced this feeling as well and if they are indeed pregnant :)  It's a little too early to test and about 7-8 days before my expected period.  I am very excited. I have had "phantom" symptoms before in which I thought they were all in my head, but never the pressure/pulling like this :)

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EllesMomma7
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:49 PM
YYou look great and I LOVE your name!!! Its my daughters name!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ellewilliams
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:52 PM

Thank you! She has a beautiful name :)

crzemom
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:53 PM

sounds like a good sign!! GL

FallonRB
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:54 PM
Wow that's awesome!!! I had lap band a year ago last January and lost 80 lbs! Congrats!! I'll post some pics of me. It's amazing how huge the difference is! So excited for you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_of_thr33
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:54 PM
You look awesome! Best of luck to you on your ttc journey lots of baby dust
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TriedandTrue11
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:55 PM

Hi Elle! First i want to say CONGRATS! You look amazing! :) Im currently ttc our first baby to and i am overweight! i can only wish and pray that this is it for you! I have started to lose weight but not quite there yet! lol! I had alot of tugging and cramping last cycle around that time and i thought it sooo was my month but it turned out it wasn't......

I do hear and read alot that this does happen and it means your prego! Im sending you TONS of baby dust and i hope you get your BFP this month! Keep us updated! Mwah

baby dust

FallonRB
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:56 PM

This is before lap band
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FallonRB
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:57 PM

This is one year later and 80 lbs lighter
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cullen.Girlie.
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:00 PM
Wow! You look amazing! Good luck! FallonRB U look amazing too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FallonRB
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:05 PM
Thanks, yeah I couldn't even face the camera but dh insisted on the pic do I could see the difference one day. We took the results pic in the dame pose. I'm keeping my fingers x for everyone!!! Gl and baby dust Elle!

Quoting Cullen.Girlie.:

Wow! You look amazing! Good luck! FallonRB U look amazing too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)