• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those of you who are TTC but are BFing or don't have regular cycles? (Or who have concieved while BFing or while having irregular cycles)

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:22 AM
  • 6 Replies

Ok Do you take test every so often whether you have pregnancy symptoms or not? If so how often?

For those of you who have concieved while BFing....did you have symptoms or just randomly take a test and find out?

I am a POAS-aholic! But I feel stupid for testing if I have no pregnancy symptoms. I have heard of mommas who have had no symptoms but been pregnant. I had no idea I was preggo with my 2nd until I randomly tested. But when I concieved my daughter I knew from the day of conception that I was pregnant...so I feel like if I knew from conception then I should certainly know when the time comes again...what do you ladies think??

I am a 24 yr old Mommy to two boys Xavier O'Neal Age5 Malachi O'Mari Age 2 and one baby girl Laylah-Marie Elizabeth ! I have been married to my wonderful Husband, Quentin, for 6 yrs and our children are our life! We are quiverfull, and Lord willing, look forward to many more children in our future!!                                    

by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
dhiannian
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:24 AM

Don't you chart? I thought you did, but if you don't it would be a good idea, then you will see when you ovulate and can stop wasting tests:) I am nursing too, but I started ovulating again awhile ago. GL!

MamaReyn21
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:26 AM

you won't always know for sure if u are, and if u test too early, u won't be. I tested at what I didn't know was the right time but had to retest cuz I was told by a jerk of a doctor that I wasn't when I was.

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2011 at 12:28 AM

I was charting (Not temping just checking CM, CP, etc) But I stopped b/c for the past 3 months I have the same thick CM so now I just check on occasion. So obviously I am not ovulating yet...but I keep trying to tell myself maybe I will get lucky and ovulate and not know it...its a long shot...wishful thinking!

Quoting dhiannian:

Don't you chart? I thought you did, but if you don't it would be a good idea, then you will see when you ovulate and can stop wasting tests:) I am nursing too, but I started ovulating again awhile ago. GL!

I am a 24 yr old Mommy to two boys Xavier O'Neal Age5 Malachi O'Mari Age 2 and one baby girl Laylah-Marie Elizabeth ! I have been married to my wonderful Husband, Quentin, for 6 yrs and our children are our life! We are quiverfull, and Lord willing, look forward to many more children in our future!!                                    

MamaReyn21
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:37 AM

Good luck! hope you get ur bfp!

silka08
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:30 AM
I conceived twice while nursing. I never tested until AF didn't show. If you know when you O test 14dpo for more accurate results. if you don't know if or when you O its harder to tell. Breastfeeding can lead to anovulatory cycles, even if you've O at some point again while nursing. Lactation anmenorrhea can actually be a type of natural family planning. If baby is still exclusively nursing less likely to conceive or have regular cycles. If sleeping through the night that helps, as does 6 months when start solids. Both times I conceived I was nursing a toddler over 12 months. My oldest refused to nurse one time and later that day I smelled something really strong. A few days later realized I was late and knew I was preg. In Oct I knew when I ovulated and tested 14dpo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fireflies1210
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:16 AM
I am nursing also but I got my period back at 6 weeks pp. I had 4 regular periods and then NOTHING...i almost missed two periods. I was keeping first response in business. lol. of course they were negative but I just had AF again this past week so here's to hoping for next month. Im not charting or anything (we're not actively TTC..just not preventing and would gladly welcome another baby) so I haven't a clue in the world if I'm ovulating or not. Sorry I know that probably wasn't any help but I just wanted you to know I can relate. GOOD LUCK to you!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)