Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you have had a MC......

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:56 PM
  • 18 Replies

did you tell anyone about it? I was just wondering because my mom thinks its no big deal (i had a d&c) and thinks i should tell everyone since she told everyone i was in the hospital for a procedure. I dont want anyone to know....I didnt think it was anyones business and I dont want the "awe, so sorry, poor you" thing. My DH and his parents and my parents knew but thats it. Thoughts?? Did you tell people?

by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Coles_mom
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Unfortunately, we'd told everyone we were pregnant, so although I didn't "shout it out", news got around. Even weeks and months later, I'd have people ask about how my pg was going. It wasn't easy for a long time. Sorry :(

Kiffypooh
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:05 PM

With my first MC my BFF and my mom knew.  I was a member of a different mom board and another friend found me on there so I told her before she saw my posts.  My 2nd MC I thought, "it won't happen again" so I told more people, so more people knew about the 2nd one, which then I ended up telling them about the first one.  The one I had a couple weeks ago, only hubby, drs and my SIL and brother know.  The only reason my SIL and brother know is because I wanted hubby at the dr with me and we needed someone to watch our daughter on really short notice, otherwise no one knows.  Now that 2 weeks have past I may share with a few of my close friends.  

I didn't like how many people knew with the 2nd one.  If I was beginning to feel better I'd get a "thinking of you" text, or if I was feeling down I would be disappointed that no one was supporting me.  That kind of stuff.

I'm sorry for your loss!!!

Kimberly954
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:55 PM

Yeah, we were about to tell everyone we were pregnant too. I am really glad we didnt. I never saw this coming.

Quoting Coles_mom:

Unfortunately, we'd told everyone we were pregnant, so although I didn't "shout it out", news got around. Even weeks and months later, I'd have people ask about how my pg was going. It wasn't easy for a long time. Sorry :(

LILTIGERS
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:49 PM

Well as soon as I positive with this baby, I told everybody we were pregnant, so unfortunetly on May 19th I m/c so I had to tell people we lost it.. It sucks but I just cant keep a secret of being pregnant..Also, I dont want to be emotional and people NOT know whats wrong with me..so its easier for me talk about it.

LILTIGERS
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:51 PM

So just do what makes you feel better...id just let people know that knew you were pregnant

ms_jasmine
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:57 PM
I told ppl,b/c they knew I was pregnant.It helped,I needed lots of hugs&everyone gave me plenty of those.
tisha999
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2011 at 4:10 PM

Quoting Kimberly954:

did you tell anyone about it? I was just wondering because my mom thinks its no big deal (i had a d&c) and thinks i should tell everyone since she told everyone i was in the hospital for a procedure. I dont want anyone to know....I didnt think it was anyones business and I dont want the "awe, so sorry, poor you" thing. My DH and his parents and my parents knew but thats it. Thoughts?? Did you tell people?

i dont know what to say . all i can say that's upon o u what ever u feel thats up to u what  u want to do but it seems to me everybody know already lol! mom's my mom is the say way .

tisha

kittycat813
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:12 PM

no just my parents and husband

kittycat813
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:15 PM

I was only 3 months pregrant my mother helper know in some family members but I was really depressed for weeks after that that I wanted to have a another child as soon as possible.

melissam21
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:15 PM
The only people that knew about my pregnancy were my parents, my sister and her husband, an aunt, my godmother and my best friend.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)