Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC while on Antibiotics and Evening Primrose Oil...?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:59 PM
  • 6 Replies
I was prescribed Amoxicillan with potassium and something else in it because I have an inner ear infection but get yeast infections every time I take any kid of antibiotic. Is this going to interfere with TTC? Also, I started myself on EPO capsules 3 times a day. Anyone had any luck using it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
HJMF
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:48 PM

BUMP.. ?

bellaambru90
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:13 PM

Good luck!

HJMF
by on May. 22, 2011 at 8:11 PM
bump pls
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
new19
by on May. 22, 2011 at 8:22 PM

I used EPO for a few months, but was having a difficult time with frequent UTI's. The only difference in my life was the EPO so I stopped taking it. Afterwards, I did some research and found out that EPO causes uterine contractions and will cause an early miscarriage, so I threw it all away. Not trying to scare you just sharing what I found, take it for what it's worth :)

azpreemiemom
by on May. 22, 2011 at 8:29 PM

It shouldn't, but if you get yeast infections, you should start on a probiotic to prevent them especially since women are even more prone to yeast infections when pregnant. I used EPO and I did get pregnant the cycle I used it, however I am unsure if that had any effect on my conceiving.

azpreemiemom
by on May. 22, 2011 at 8:30 PM

That is true, however that is why you are supposed to stop taking it after you ovulate. 

Quoting new19:

I used EPO for a few months, but was having a difficult time with frequent UTI's. The only difference in my life was the EPO so I stopped taking it. Afterwards, I did some research and found out that EPO causes uterine contractions and will cause an early miscarriage, so I threw it all away. Not trying to scare you just sharing what I found, take it for what it's worth :)

BabyFruit Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)