Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it inevitable??

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:07 PM
  • 7 Replies

Okay, this may be a silly question..but if we are actively ttc EVERY day..isn't it inevitable that we get pregnant? Knowing that we have not had problems getting pregnant in the past (just problems keeping it..;-( ) Thanks guys!! ~Jessica

by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kelli1973124
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:11 PM

no unfortunately its not inevitable..:( my ob said that ON AVERAGE we only have a 30-40% of conceiving any given cycle...and that is IF everything ok with u, hubby, your cycles ect. and if u under 35. if u over 35 (LIKE ME) chance of conceiving each cycle only 15-20%. good luck. baby dust to us

mommymary6507
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Sex every day is actually not always the best Idea. It can lower sperm count. Every other, or every 2 days I think would work out better. I am the same way though. I have been pregnant twice since we started TTC in October 2010, and I for some reason am failing to make the baby once I am pregnant. Good luck :)

Loading Ticker...

Ttcbabyclegg
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:17 PM
Yea every other day at the most. It's good to let those spermies build up right before you ovulate.
toopicky429
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:21 PM
I hope it is. I had no issues getting pregnant with my 2 kids, and for #3 I'm on cycle 18. It's very frustrating, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:41 PM

You'd think so but, unfortunately, that may not always be the "best" if that's the case I would've gotten pregnant the first month after my IUD came out, lol.  Here's hoping for you guys though!

sayinaprayer
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:24 PM

wow, ok, thank you so much for your insight guys!! That makes perfect sense to try every other or every other other day to keep that sperm count high. I would NOT have thought of that. Kelli..thank you for the stats! It is unforunate tho..BUT..heres to having faith that we will get pregnant and STAY pregnant AND have a healthy baby..geez..it seems like such a miracle..what a BLESSING it would be!!! Wishing the very best to ALL of you!!!! :-)

bellaambru90
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:15 PM

Bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)