Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Evening Primrose Oil Question?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:53 AM
  • 18 Replies

When do I start taking this? Do I start taking it now during my period til I ovulate?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Devious103102
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:56 AM

Start taking it CD1 and take it up till you Ovulate then stop. I think it's 500MG or 1000mg you take, I cant remember. I'm trying it again this month (I took it when I got pregs in March) Good luck!

ETA: I googled it, it's 1500-3000MG a day =0)

73angel
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:58 AM

I don't know but here is a bump for you.

truelyred2
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:58 AM

You start the day af comes and stop the day you ovulate. Take 3000mg and drink plenty of water. I wanted to ask though, do you produce ewcm on your own? If you do then this is not necessary.

ms_jasmine
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:00 PM
Yes!and then switch to flaxseed oil&pomegranite juice :)

Well that's what I've heard anyway&am trying to do now.but I'm taking 3000mg of epo¬hings changing cm wise...so I may need to take more.idk...
truelyred2
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:02 PM

You should not take more than 3000mg.

And I never heard of switching to anything else post ovulation.

Quoting ms_jasmine:

Yes!and then switch to flaxseed oil&pomegranite juice :)

Well that's what I've heard anyway&am trying to do now.but I'm taking 3000mg of epo¬hings changing cm wise...so I may need to take more.idk...

bellaambru90
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:19 PM

No I never get ewcm

truelyred2
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:29 PM

I do not either but i did not notice a difference with the epo. Iget only creamy but it must work. I would maybe try mucinex instead?

We need to set up a gameplan for you. What are you going to try? I am wondering about your bding, sorry. Are you doing it too much? Not enough? I want to help if I can. When do you go back to see your doctor?

ms_jasmine
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 12:41 PM
Yah I read I wasn't supposed to.I was thinking mucinex or tussin...hmmm...

And I never get ewcm either?!what's the deal?
truelyred2
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:14 PM
Some women only make creamy cm like me and that is their version of fertile cm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms_jasmine
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:19 PM
Mine isn't even sticky or slimy!its just...watery?it used to not be like that,it used to be completly normal,but I got on these anti-depressants&I KNOW they changed it.Id never had problems till a month after starting that stuff.We are trying to wean me off it now&start another one,b/c the one I'm on is terrible for pregnant women&their babies...sorry op!I'm all up in ur post!I got almost the same issues ttc and I'm only 22!id never have thought it'd be this difficult
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)