Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fever and sperm question!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:46 PM
  • 10 Replies

Here is the situation:

DH had a fever of 101.7 last night. His fever broke by this morning and he is fine. It's been a couple of days since we were last intimate and I would REALLY like to today, lol. But my question is this...Could the fever from last night have affected his sperm? What would be the affects if we were to conceive today and it was with sperm that was in his testicles when we spiked a fever? Could it harm the pregnancy or have a negative affect?

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Angelica.
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:49 PM

i'm not sure.

readyforbabynow
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:52 PM

I'm not sure, try googling it.  GL

PinkDaisey13
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:40 PM

gembob
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:37 PM

Fever: influenza (flu), pneumonia, or even a severe cold can cause a high fever, which will adversely affect sperm production and quality. These changes usually recover over a few weeks.

Seems it could do but if he usually has healthy sperm in good numbers then you are not totally out of the game x

bellaambru90
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Bump not sure!

sarahjean202
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:31 PM

But i dont think that could affect your pregnancy.GOOD LUCK

Mom_to_Lincoln
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:38 PM

I dont know much about it but I do know that men's testicles are made to protect themselves from different body temperatures. The Shrink and go inward when cold and they do the opposite when hot. With a temp of 101.7 for less then 24 hours is very minimal so Im guessing everything is fine.

Devious103102
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:51 PM

I guess it's around the same terms as taking really hot baths, it may "kill off" or "slow down" some of his sperm but you may still have a shot. Good luck!

frecklesthehen
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:52 PM

i think he should be fine. his fever wasnt all that high and the testes have 3 main ways of self regulating temps. theres a muscle that moves them physically closer and farther frm the body. there's blood vessels that constrict and open up to allow more/less blood flow. and good old sweat to cool off the boys. between all three regulators it takes a pretty high fever to affect the sperm. hope that helps. if you have any more anatomy q's feel free to PM me, i got an A in Anatomy this last semester. :)

PinkDaisey13
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Thanks for all of the info ladies! I just wanted to make sure that I wouldn't have 'damaged sperm' fertilizing my egg resulting in a bad pregnancy or ill fetus. That was my biggest concern. But you're all right, one night of a fever wo't do much...at least I don't think it will :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)