Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

For those of you who check your cervix???

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2011 at 6:31 PM
  • 14 Replies

If you have been preggo, or are in your two week wait?? What is your cervical position??

For those of you who know...what was your cervical positione the day before your period began??

I feel like maybe AF is coming but I am still hopeful...my cervix is very different tonight..its kinda hard to reach..not really high but kinda high, my o is kinda open...and there is very thick EWCM infront of it. And its VERY VERY soft, I mean softer then it got even around ovulation??

I was doing some research and found this....WARNING its an actual picture HERE

It looks like I think my cervix feel??? What I can't figure out is if this is the same position before menstruation begins or not??

by on Jun. 26, 2011 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2011 at 6:34 PM

I found this too:

During ovulation the cervix is SHOW (soft, high,open and wet). Around the time of menstruation the cervix is low and hard. I've heard OB/GYNs making this analogy when referring to a pregnant vs. non-pregnant cervix: A non-pregnant cervix feels like a hard, unripe piece of fruit, while a pregnant cervix is more like an almost over-ripe plum. It becomes very tender and engorged with blood, especially early on in pregnancy.In the early stages of pregnancy you may notice that your cervix will rise a bit and become softer, but the timing of this happening will vary from woman to woman. You may see the change in your cervix shortly before your period is due or you may not feel this for several weeks.As the pregnancy progresses you will probably have an increase in vaginal discharge, but the cervical mucous is fairly minimal during pregnancy. Some women may notice a change in their cervix in very early pregnancy but cervical position is not a good sign of pregnancy. That is because the cervix changes not only from woman to woman but from day to day and could even be different in the same woman at different times of the day. I would recommend to check your cervix right after your period ends and check it every day, at the same time, in the same position. That way you know how your cervix is suppose to feel at what point during your cycle and if it doesn't feel that it's suppose to you could use that to help you determine pregnancy. For a woman that doesn't check her cervix regularly I would say it's next to impossible to determine if she's pregnant or not by checking it.

Grumpylilpixy
by on Jun. 26, 2011 at 6:36 PM

Mine is high and firm and closed. I am 4dpo. My preggo cervix I couldn't tell you this is the first TTC preggo that I would check my cervix I didn't with my other pregnancys.

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2011 at 6:38 PM

Now I guess I just pray my cervix isn't low, firm, and open in the morning LOL!

just-one-more
by on Jun. 26, 2011 at 6:38 PM

ok well i checked my cp about 2 days before af showed and it was open hardish and very low , but now mine is high , open , soft and i have tones of creamy sticky cm not sure wat that means , its not strechy, its kinda tacky

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2011 at 6:40 PM

From 1-5DPO my cervix was very low, very firm, and very closed...it started to rise, become slightly open, and become softer starting at 6DPO. Up until 5DO I was very dry down there too...but starting 6DPO I started having EWCM again! I remember my cervix feeling slightly open..like my finger would always fit in the dip..I remember worrying that I was dialating, but it was just at the end of my cervix LOL...so that part is the same. I can't remember if it was as soft though!

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Mine is high and firm and closed. I am 4dpo. My preggo cervix I couldn't tell you this is the first TTC preggo that I would check my cervix I didn't with my other pregnancys.

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2011 at 7:08 PM

BUMP!

Mikayla_lynn
by on Jun. 26, 2011 at 7:41 PM

I looked at that picture and that it how mine was yesterday. It was REALLY high, slightly open and I had that same CM! I really hope that is a good sign! But today it is high and closed?? The CM is still the same but there is less of it, AF is due tomorrow so I guess we shall see. I dont feel like she is coming though?

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2011 at 7:50 PM

I hope she doesn't show...are you gonna test in the am??

Quoting Mikayla_lynn:

I looked at that picture and that it how mine was yesterday. It was REALLY high, slightly open and I had that same CM! I really hope that is a good sign! But today it is high and closed?? The CM is still the same but there is less of it, AF is due tomorrow so I guess we shall see. I dont feel like she is coming though?

Mikayla_lynn
by on Jun. 26, 2011 at 7:52 PM

I was going to but I wasted my last test two days ago. I ordered some more online Friday and they should be here around Wednesday. And if AF hasn't shown by then I think I will be good!

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Jun. 26, 2011 at 8:22 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN