Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

anyone ever experienced an ectopic pregnancy??

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 12:05 PM
  • 8 Replies

So I got pregnant on the mini pill.. Camila to be exact.. I didn't stop taking it until I got 4 positive pregnancy tests on June 23.. I think I got pregnant around the 13th or so.. I was reading about the pill to see if it could of caused any harm to my baby due to the fact I took it for about a week or so after I was already pregnant.. but what I found really has me scared.. It said women who get pregnant on camila bc or the mini pill.. are at a high risk of developing an ectopic pregnacy because the pill slows the egg down as it passes through the fallopian tubes and all that.. If anyone has ever experienced an ectopic pregnancy did you have any severe symptoms at around 4 weeks? It says they are usually caught between 5 and 10 weeks.. I'm about 4 weeks now.. I am not bleeding or anything.. not cramping.. I feel fine.. but I'm still worried.. Shouldnt' the doctor have been concerned when I told them I got pregnant on camila? From what I read about it it's a very serioius thing that happens to women that get pregnatn taking progesteron only pills... which is what camila is... Any advice.. would me much appreciated! Thanks!

by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mommymary6507
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 12:22 PM

I have not experinced one myself, but I know other ladies in here have. My best advice is to ask for a scan to make sure the sac is in your unterus :) I am sure all is well, and congrats!

ValRiggs
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 12:29 PM

Thanks! I hope all is well.. i think it is ok too.. But after I read that it kinda freaked me out.. I'm gonna call the clinic now.. see what they say..

Quoting mommymary6507:

I have not experinced one myself, but I know other ladies in here have. My best advice is to ask for a scan to make sure the sac is in your unterus :) I am sure all is well, and congrats!

MrsWade20
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:19 AM
I have nt had 1 myself bt my mom has. She was 8 wks wen her fallopian tube ruptured.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ValRiggs
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 12:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Thankfully it did not end up being an ectopic.. I had my baby last month, March 5, and she was very healthy! 8lb 1 oz :)

Quoting MrsWade20:

I have nt had 1 myself bt my mom has. She was 8 wks wen her fallopian tube ruptured.

CafeMom Tickers
MRS.GONZALES15
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:03 PM
I experience 2 the only sign I had was I had mild cramping then I started spotting I lost mine at 4 weeks
sheli.bean
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 4:58 PM
My best advice would be to call the clinic, and if they're not taking you seriously, and you're really concerned, tell them you're having some cramping on one side and that you're worried about ectopic. They will hopefully get you in for an ultrasound right away. That's how I had to do it, they checked my ovaries and everything turned out to be fine. Good luck!.
ValRiggs
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:26 PM

I posted this forever ago.. over 10 months ago I think lol.. It didn't end up being an ectopic.. I just had a healthy 8lb 1 oz baby girl, Izabella RyAnne, last month, March 5. Thank you for your reply though :)

CafeMom Tickers
tiggerwge
by on May. 19, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I understand the concerns and the fears. I had a mc last fall at about 9 weeks. After that I had three additional mc back to back. They were all short lived. However, I am dealing with an ectopic at six weeks. It was hard to hear. At the end of my fifth week I was spotting. I also had some minor cramping. Something did not feel right.  Because of my history my ob set up an ultrasound at six weeks. I called last friday and requested some blood work to be done including HCG levels. The results came back at 3388. However, I had another level after the weekend on Monday and it came back 3396. This confirmed my fears that something was not right. The ultrasound confirmed that what my ob suspected, an ectopic on the right side near my ovary.  I worry about my risks after getting the injection to dissolve my pregnancy. I understand that once you have one ectopic it will increase your chances later on. As far as the pill, I know several women that have conceived while on bc. There are many factors that will play into this. I wish you well. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN