Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

TMI...How long do you leak after sex??

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 8:57 PM
  • 27 Replies

I had thought about asking this before but wondered if it was too TMI...and saw a post kind similar about leaking so figured...WTH LOL!

So just out of curiousity, how long do you leak fluid after having sex? For those of you who check your cervix, how long does it take before the seminal fluid is gone so you can check your own cervical mucus??

According info I have found after about 12hrs you shouldn't leak fluid anymore, and after 12-24hrs you can check your CM again....but for me I leak fluid for about 3 days...and sometimes it takes as much as 5 days for me to stop seeing Hubby's fluid and be able to accurately check mine again. I know that sperm can live up to 5 days at best inside but I have found it unusual for me to actually still deal with fluid after a day or so. I have started to wonder if this is b/c Hubby has a good sperm count or something.

BUT What I am really curious about is if this is normal for others or not...so again how long does it take before you stop leaking fluid after sex?? And when can you start checking your CM again??

by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 8:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
purplepride80
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 8:59 PM

I haven't paid that much attention as I don't check my CM but I would say it would be about 8-12 hours.    

Albond86
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 9:03 PM
A day or two... It's gross! It's the one thing I don't really enjoy about the sex! Lol leaking his rejects! Lmao! Lol
NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2011 at 9:07 PM

I know LOL!!! And it makes it hard to chart CM too if I am carrying his around for days LOL TMI

Quoting Albond86:

A day or two... It's gross! It's the one thing I don't really enjoy about the sex! Lol leaking his rejects! Lmao! Lol

coupon_ash
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 9:11 PM

mmm.. I don't think I leak at all except right after of course,then after a shower I don't notice anything(then again, just because I don't notice doesn't mean it's not there).

SushiKitty
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 9:14 PM

24 hours sometime I leak for LOL! 

SushiKitty
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 9:16 PM

I saw 24 hours because  example, We have had sex at 8pm. Go to sleep instantly afterwards. (TMI) Wake up, stand up and everything comes out, LOL. Then it will leak through out the day.

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2011 at 9:18 PM

I just read that not having anything come out or not much might mean a low sperm count...I wonder if that is true? It said if you have a rush of fluid fall out it can mean an abundant supply and that positioning during sex was correct...doesn't that seem weird...you would think the opposite!

Quoting coupon_ash:

mmm.. I don't think I leak at all except right after of course,then after a shower I don't notice anything(then again, just because I don't notice doesn't mean it's not there).

mommaslilmen
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2011 at 9:21 PM

i have to say this is me. ive never noticed any leaking...just normal cm the next day and i dont check my cervix

Quoting coupon_ash:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

breastfeeding,24 month

NoraDun
by Ruby Member on Jul. 6, 2011 at 9:21 PM

Sperm leakage from the vagina is normal and to be expected when there is enough of the ejaculate. Sperm leakage means there is enough of the ejaculate.
Most women notice some discharge immediately after sex and some think it's the cause of infertility. The fluid coming out of the vagina after his orgasm is a portion of the ejaculate.

But less than 5% of the ejaculate is actually sperm -- over 95% is made up of other fluids. Leakage of the ejaculate from the vagina is highly unlikely to prevent you from getting pregnant. In fact, it's totally normal for some of the ejaculate to come out of your vagina after intercourse.

If he ejaculates deeply inside you, then you can be sure that no matter how much of the ejaculate leaks out afterward, enough sperm will reach the cervical mucus. If you stay on your back for the suggested 15-20 minutes after intercourse, hips slightly elevated, this leakage of the ejaculate is usually not a cause of infertility.

It is probably a good sign that some ejaculate leaks out because it may mean that he is depositing his semen normally in your vagina and that there is enough of it.

soanxious237
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Gosh I really dont know the answer to that!  But imo, if it has to do with making babies, no question or info is tmi!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN