Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about temping

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:17 AM
  • 6 Replies

Will it affect my temperature if I need to wake up an hour earlier than usual?  I tried googling it but couldn't find a really clear answer. 

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
usmcvalle
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:26 AM
Yea it will
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:28 AM

If you mark down that time it'll still mark it, but it'll have an open blue hole instead of a filled blue one, unless you go on a site and "adjust" your temps (which is what I do, but I also write down the actual temp and time in the notes section for me to remember). Here's a site to do that...

http://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php

RedheadMama18
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:48 AM
Thanks! I'm still new to charting so I thought it would affect it but I wasn't sure how much.

Quoting Devious103102:

If you mark down that time it'll still mark it, but it'll have an open blue hole instead of a filled blue one, unless you go on a site and "adjust" your temps (which is what I do, but I also write down the actual temp and time in the notes section for me to remember). Here's a site to do that...

http://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelli1973124
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:14 AM

as long as u wake up same time every day to take??? i think ok

crossermom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:03 AM
I wouldn't worry about one temp. You're looking for patterns...... "The big picture". One or two off temps isn't really going to matter. I'd just document the temp and make a notation that it was taken early.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:06 AM

Yes, it will effect your temp.  It will be lower than you anticipate.

The genreal rule is (but don't do it often) is add .1 degree for each halfhour you wake up late and subtract .1 degree halfhour you wake up early :)

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)