Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it possible to.....

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:32 AM
  • 17 Replies
Ovulate without a positive opk? Im on cd22 today no bfp opk or peak on my monitor yet which is very unusual in itself normally the latest is cd 18-19 but anyways yesterday evening i had tons and tons of ewcm which i normally dont get that much of but all my opks yesterday and so far today are still neg i have been cramping some too we dtd last night just n case but like i said theyre all still bfns so is it possible im oing now even without a bfp opk? Any help would be appreciated im very confused this month.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sydneysmommy1st
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:18 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dhiannian
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:19 PM

It is if you missed your surge, you're not charting? you could also be getting ready to o.

sydneysmommy1st
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:25 PM
This late?u still think its possible to ovulate? No im not charting but i normally have a 2 day long surge and i test 2-3 times a day and am using my monitor i dont think i couldve missed it af is due in 9 days....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:25 PM

Tons of EWCM is a very good sign that ovulation is coming.  Sometimes, though, our body does build up toward Oing but then backs down for some reason - usually if we are stressed.  Are you temping?  That would tell you if you do O, although it'll be after the fact.

But yes, it is possible to O without getting a positive OPK.  They don't work for all women.  I never got a positive OPK when I conceived my 2nd boy.  I do wonder, though, if I was testing twice a day - I don't remember now & I know the instructions don't seem to say that you should.  But since the lh surge can last for only 12 hours, you may not pick it up if you only test once a day.  I have heard of them not working for other women, too, though.

Definitely keep BDing!

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:26 PM

Quoting sydneysmommy1st:

This late?u still think its possible to ovulate? No im not charting but i normally have a 2 day long surge and i test 2-3 times a day and am using my monitor i dont think i couldve missed it af is due in 9 days....

When we O can change cycle to cycle.  So its possible you are Oing later than normal for you this time.

mommaslilmen
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:28 PM

i didnt o until cd 28 and i normally have a 33 to 35 day cycle. im now on cd 36 and 9dpo

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

breastfeeding,24 month

dhiannian
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:30 PM

Yep, stress or other things could have pushed your oday forward, also if you are spending alot of time around a female you may have synced to her cycle. I would act as though you are oing and bd accordingly, GL

Quoting sydneysmommy1st:

usmcvalle
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:54 PM

Unless you missed the surge I think you would most likely ovulate if your cycles are somewhat normal.... Do you test 2xs a day?

Devious103102
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:30 PM

Sounds like you might just be getting ready to O. Do you have any pics of your OPK's?   Good luck sweetie!

73angel
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:33 PM

I do not know the answer but here is a bump for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)