Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i need help with which temp to record!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:51 AM
  • 9 Replies
I wake up at 1030 every day for my temperature. This am I woke up at 730 and had to pee so I took my temp anyway I got up because I had 3 hours to sleep still so I could get the best temp. Well,l I couldn't fall asleep until 9, so I only had an hour and a half. My temperatures are not usually super sensitive.

Anyway, the first temperature 3 hours early was the same as usual...96.5, which I get quite often.

The temp taken at the usual time was 97.05 - which is a spike since I've never had them go over 97 or close to 97.

So what do I do? Which do I record???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
73angel
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:55 AM

I would record the first one but really you will need to discard it because it was so early.

dhiannian
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:55 AM

I would record the 97 one and make a note on that day with the other temp. Usually when I lose sleep my temp drops, not climbs. GL

.sp4rkl3z.
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:56 AM
Exactly my thought...losing sleep is supposed to make it drop, or so I thought...

Quoting dhiannian:

I would record the 97 one and make a note on that day with the other temp. Usually when I lose sleep my temp drops, not climbs. GL

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommymary6507
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:58 AM

I would put in the first one and put in for not usual time.

HisB0107
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:04 AM

this for sure. But also put the other temp in your notes, just so that you know... you may need to do a comparison later on in your cycle.

Quoting mommymary6507:

I would put in the first one and put in for not usual time.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in an attractive and preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways......chocolate in one hand, wine in the other; body used up, totally worn out ....and screaming: "Woo Hoo, What A Ride!"

.sp4rkl3z.
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:22 AM
Anyone else have an opinion??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dhiannian
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:26 AM

The only other option would be to adjust it to the time it should be, but that's not usually recommended.http://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php

Tomorrow should tell you more if your temp is still high the second one was more accurate. Where are you in your cycle? Can you post your chart?

Fireflies1210
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:26 AM

I think I'd go with the first, but really I don't have a clue. That's just what I would do.

.sp4rkl3z.
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:52 AM
http://m.cafemom.com/groups/read_topic.php?group_id=30079&topic_id=14455189&last#last
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)