Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I dont trust in OPK any more

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:21 AM
  • 8 Replies

I have been getting positives 3 days in a row all positive extremely dark I thought you only could get those on your 2 ovulation days and then the lines started to fade as you test. But that's not my case. I'm still getting the same dark line every time I test. I need to know my real ovulation day to count my DPO. This is so mess up. At least I'm having my ''happy happy'' each night to see if we get lucky. Wish us luck.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MamaSusieQ045
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:20 PM
Hmmm... I don't know, but heres bump and some baby dust sent your way!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.sp4rkl3z.
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:32 PM
OPKs don't tell if you actually ovulate or when you ovulate
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellaambru90
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:49 PM

You body may be trying to ovulate but not actually ovulate cause I used OPK and get the same thing and I just found out I'm not ovulating that my body tries to but doesn't.

MrsC2011
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:59 PM

Quoting nily:

I thought you only could get those on your 2 ovulation days and then the lines started to fade as you test.

Nope. Some people have long surges. I got 3 positive days this month and 4-5 last month. The problem with OPKs is that they don't tell you when you ovulate or if you ovulate, they only tell you that you have a surge in LH with should cause ovulation.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
Wright68
by Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:01 PM

I had 7 positive OPK's in a row (then i ran out of tests)... I am pregnant :) So that explained why I kept getting positives!!

pregnancy calendar

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:30 PM

Quoting bellaambru90:

You body may be trying to ovulate but not actually ovulate cause I used OPK and get the same thing and I just found out I'm not ovulating that my body tries to but doesn't.

Yep, what she said.

This is why charting is helpful even when using OPKs.  OPKs help you see that your body is trying to ovulate, charting tells you that you did in fact ovulate when your morning temps spikes up.

Gwen (41) David (53) Augie (4) Alex (2.5)

sekenvpip
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:11 PM

This is good to know cuz I'm due for AF on Monday so I'll be starting my new cycle and I was going back and forth on whether I should chart as well as OPK testing

Quoting GwenMB:

Quoting bellaambru90:

Yep, what she said.

This is why charting is helpful even when using OPKs.  OPKs help you see that your body is trying to ovulate, charting tells you that you did in fact ovulate when your morning temps spikes up.

Devious103102
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:03 PM

They tell you when you're having a surge, which happens before you ovulate, after that the LH (hormone that causes O) drops and that's when you should see lighter OPK's.  Also, I've always thought you weren't supposed to test after you got you get your positive OPK. Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)