Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 1st cycle TTC- some ?'s

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:24 AM
  • 7 Replies

Ok, this is our very first cycle TTC baby #2.   (My daughter is 14 mos, and was a first attempt baby)

First day of last period: June 22

First positive OPK :  July 6th    (Cycle day 15)

Ovulated: July 7th  (I'm sure of this due to my +OPK day before, EWCM, and STRONG ovary pain on left)

Been doing the baby dance: July 2, 5, 6, 7, and will tonight as well (the 8th)

How much longer do we need to contine to BD???  (I'm starting to get sore!)   And when should I first test?? 

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
red020804
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:34 AM

well from all the post and research i've done i'd say if your positive you O'd on the 7th i'd stop the 9th. They say 24 to 48 hours after egg is released to get it fertilized. But im new to this too. This is my first cycle ttc #2 as well and im not temping or using opks. My first day of last period was June 23rd and im in my fertile time right now as well but i've no clue if im ovulating or not.  good luck i hope you caught or catch your egg. :)

kellymom127
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:38 AM

I read some where that you should do it day 10 - 18 so that mean the 9th too for you

BellaElla
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:24 PM
So when should I test?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pip_Star
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:26 PM

usually two weeks later hun you should test. You could possibly test a week afterwards but some times the test will be negative were you are so early.

Devious103102
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:11 PM

I think it's ok to stop/take a break.  BDing too often can actually make it harder to conceive.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:26 PM

If you O'd yesterday & BD'd yesterday (and the 2 days prior!), I'd also say you are safe to stop BDing.  It won't hurt to do it again today if you want, but don't feel like you need to.

I also, though, would recommend temping.  Then you know for sure when you ovulated, you aren't guessing based on other signs.  The other signs are great for knowing you should be BDing.  Not so great for knowing you really positively did O.  Sometimes your body works toward ovulating but doesn't for some reason (like stress - and TTC isn't stressful, right? ;) )

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:27 PM

Oh, I also agree that you can test in 2 weeks.  You could try in 11-12 days, but be prepared for a false negative.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)