Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not TTC, but when would i test (you ladies are experts! lol)

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:22 PM
  • 9 Replies

all of june basically i was on the nuva ring. around the last week i took it our because the whole month i kept spooting or was heavy bleeding. i did start a new BC a few days back but only took 2 pills because i have been having weird symptoms so i would just rather wait.

so for the past few days i have been having pregnancy symtoms...i think. my uterus was very crampy for a few days off and on. i am breaking out like HORRIBLE and the only other time i do this is right before my period, and i dont remember the last time i broke out this bad....and i have a very different discharge. 

i think pregnancy could be possible....but idk when i could even start testing.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Grumpylilpixy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:24 PM

Gosh that is tough because when you are on BC it can be you didn't ovulate or you did on your off times. I would test now then in about 10-12 days test again to rule it out. 

In the mean time use Back up precautions if u don't want to become pregnant. 

Good luck hun.

Albond86
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:29 PM
Spotting and bleeding like a period are common side effects of the nuvaring until your body gets used to the birth control. If you aren't sure if you could be pregnant or not I would just go ahead and test since you aren't sure when you could have ovulated.
K.a.C.87
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:31 PM

i had already been on the nuvaring for over a year

MrsC2011
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:01 PM

Every time I switched BCP I would get pregnancy-like symptoms, including morning sickness. So it could just be from the new pills. You said you took a few and then stopped? Did you take a week off between the nuvaring and the BCP?

CorysLady08
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:06 PM

Well I have recently went trought ht e same situation and my advice is waite untill you suspect that you should start or at least 2 weeks longer then test earliy in the morning so if you are pregnate and not very far along the ghc hormones will be picked up on the test

K.a.C.87
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:44 PM

it was a little more then a week if i remember right

Quoting MrsC2011:

Every time I switched BCP I would get pregnancy-like symptoms, including morning sickness. So it could just be from the new pills. You said you took a few and then stopped? Did you take a week off between the nuvaring and the BCP?

BethRae
by Bethany on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:48 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SushiKitty
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Quoting Grumpylilpixy:

Gosh that is tough because when you are on BC it can be you didn't ovulate or you did on your off times. I would test now then in about 10-12 days test again to rule it out. 

In the mean time use Back up precautions if u don't want to become pregnant. 

Good luck hun.

MrsC2011
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Quoting K.a.C.87:

it was a little more then a week if i remember right

Quoting MrsC2011:

If it was a little more than a week you could be pregnant. After about our week or bodies start regulating themselves again, which means an egg could have snuck out. It's hard to say when to test though, I'd say another 2 weeks or so.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)