Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you have ever lost a child.......

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:40 PM
  • 20 Replies

Hello to all my ladies that have ever had a miscarriage, still born, even a baby that had an extended stay in the NICU

I make baskets for fun & decided that I would like to partner with my local hospital & make baskets for mothers meeting all the above. Any suggestions on what mothers would want or need at that time. All suggestions & ideas welcome please

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ericaann86
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:49 PM
Gas cards for those who have babies in the Nicu :) that way they can not stress about gas to see their baby since they have or are going to have large hospital bills to pay for.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
natesmommy11
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:50 PM
Maybe a journal?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed_mom774
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:55 PM

i know when my son was in NICU we needed to call long distance so maybe a 10 dollar calling card...a loss support book, maybe a card with websites where they can go n meet ppl with things in common like that...include in the basket they items and like instead of using a basket maybe use a gift box and explain the gift box can be used for the outfit the baby wore in the hospital or was gonna wear, the first stuffed animal, ultrasounds etc. you could also include the link to cafemom and a support group on cafemom etc (in case they have a computer/internet access?

JessicaRee
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Quoting blessed_mom774:

i know when my son was in NICU we needed to call long distance so maybe a 10 dollar calling card...a loss support book, maybe a card with websites where they can go n meet ppl with things in common like that...include in the basket they items and like instead of using a basket maybe use a gift box and explain the gift box can be used for the outfit the baby wore in the hospital or was gonna wear, the first stuffed animal, ultrasounds etc. you could also include the link to cafemom and a support group on cafemom etc (in case they have a computer/internet access?

I like this. I had a suggestion but my prego brain forgot it when I put my fingers on the keyboard!

Pregnancy%20ticker

mommymary6507
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:19 PM

I wanted a pregnancy loss bracelet really bad for some reason after my 1st miscarriage.

MrsParsons11
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:25 PM
the idea of a journel and card for websites is a good idea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:32 PM

A journal, maybe a card with sites to connect with other women who are in similar situations, I think the gas card is a good idea for people having to travel to visit their babies in the NICU.  Ummm, maybe one of those little bracelets for loss or premature babies.  I think it's great what you're trying to do =0)

harry209
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:27 AM

Great idea on the gift box as I just saw an insert in Baby Talk magazine on how to decorate gift of keepsake boxes :)

Quoting blessed_mom774:

kayteebug93
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:30 AM
I wanted a bracelet after my miscarriage at 10 weeks. I also put a st gerard charm on it too. Bc he's the saint of pregnancy. It just made me feel better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
harry209
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 1:30 AM

Thanks Ladies keep the ideas coming please wink

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)