Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Change OBYGN or am I overracting and if so how not be so frustrated?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:33 PM
  • 4 Replies
So my dr is all let's wait 6 months year trying to worry. I love my dr and he was wonderful during my 1st pregnancy (we wasn't trying then just happen) but I just get so annoyed and feel he should really be giving me more tips or helpful insite. But he put me on concept DHA prenatal and was like let's just have regular check ups, Mirena removed in May check up in june and going one july 18. Cause June appt period hadn't got back to normal. Now is obviously on now and annoyed. He isn't giving me more tips. Am I over reacting or is time for new OB? I'm 25 this is me TTC baby # 2, after mirena in for 4 1/2 years
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Love_My_Leah
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:43 PM
You just got your Mirena out in May of 2011? If so I'd say youre overreacting. It may take a couple months to get things back to normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Devious103102
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:45 PM

Sorry hun. Unfortunately it really is just a waiting game. It can take a bit for your cycle to regulate after getting off of mirena (my SIL, an MA in an OBGYN office, said it can take up to 6 months).  Even the most normal (cycle wise) woman without any fertility issues can take up to a year to conceive.  Good luck sweetie.

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:50 PM

As the PP said, it really can take a while to get your period back to normal after being on birth control.  So I wouldn't change OBs over that.  The only additional thing he might do is give you reference material so you can chart & know when you are fertile & increase your chance of getting pregnant.  But I doubt most OBs do that.  Midwives may if they have a natural medicine approach to things.

sawulooken
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:41 PM
Thanks ladies, cafemom seems be great support group thus far with this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)