Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UPDATE such a relief!!!Soooo upset and very worried...OT our dog is really sick :(

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:27 PM
  • 13 Replies

My mother in laws dog is really sick right now she's a 4 year old English Mastiff. She is unspayed right now( I know She has had no appetite and hasn't ate anything this week and very lethargic and she's been more timid than usual. We took her to the vet and they took her temp and it was 103 so she has a fever they also saw her nipples looked enlarged and they squeezed it and milk came out. They confirmed that she's not pregnant. They thought she had Pyometra which is a disease of the uterus. So they were going to do emergency surgery tonight to spay her and give her antibiotics.Well we just got a phone call and they said she doesn't have that they think she either has endometriosis or sepsis. So the doctor is postponing the surgery til tomorrow to make sure she is stable, he's giving her IV antibiotics. We are so upset and trying to not think of the worst, but its so hard, she's family to us, I really hope its not thw worst I feel so bad that she's sick and doesn't feel good.

UPDATE: So Iris is scheduled to have surgery on Monday she has endometriosis and its very good we caught it early or it coulda turned into pyometra which isn't good.Whhat a relief I was worried sick could barely sleep!

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
toopicky429
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:29 PM
Big hugs! I hope everything goes well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kelli1973124
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:31 PM

oh big hugs to her xoxox, hope all goes ok

kdpeterson
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:32 PM

Poor dog. I hope the dog starts to feel better.

Devious103102
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Lots of good thoughts hun! Here's hoping she makes it!

Sheleym5
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:48 PM
So sorry. It sounds like shes in good hands. Keep us updated
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justamomof4
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:22 PM

Keep us posted! I hope it all goes well.

Macysmomma07
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Poor Pup, I'm sorry. I hope they can figure out what's wrong w/ her and take care of it.

Hugs

mmjaclark
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:37 PM

So sorry!  I hope you guys get some answers!

bellaambru90
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 10:48 AM

UPDATE!

natesmommy11
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 11:30 AM
So glad shes going to be ok!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)