Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First Prenatal Appointment

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:40 PM
  • 11 Replies

Can anyone tell me when I am suppose to make my first prenatal appointment? I am 5 weeks and 6 days along.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starbornpoet
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:49 PM
Call to schedule it. They usually see you around 8 weeks but every office is different. Some want you to come in for a test to make sure you are indeed pregnant. Some take your word for it and schedule around when you should be 8 weeks.
Congrats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katie44
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:53 PM
Call and make an appt. Im 4 weeks 3 days and go in 12 days so ilk be 6 weeks 1 day. Congrats by the way
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Katie44
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:05 PM
6 weeks 3 days*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Abbysmama107
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:07 PM

my dr. doesn't schedule for the first appt. till 12 weeks. Sucks!

ValerieRNmom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:38 PM

Like PPs said call the office. Many doctors have different policies on when they see patients for their first prenantal appointment. Congrats!

mcmahan05
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:38 PM

Call to schedule one they'll probably do a urine test before you see the OB.

penneylane
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 10:55 AM

i try to make it as soon as i find out. my first ob saw me at 4-5 weeks and saw me monthly from then on out until the 2 week checkpoints. my second ob (was a complete idiot) and he didnt touch me until i was 12 weeks. they did pregnancy confirmation, prescribed prenatels and i had to attend a class by the time i was 8 weeks. this time around i can't even get into my regular dr until im 10 weeks in order to get referred to an obgyn so i am about 7 weeks, havent even had my pregnancy confirmed and most likely wont see an ob until sometime in my second trimester. im just very glad i know what the hell im doing.

bonnebell81
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 11:17 AM

I would def. call and go ahead and schedule your app. It's true all doc's are different my obgyn wanted to see my at 6 1/2 weeks. Best of luck and have a happy and healthy pregnancy!:)

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

corrinacs
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2011 at 10:09 AM

Hey,

I would call your doctor now, but don't be surprised if it won't be for a while.  Perhaps you can ask what things to watch out for.  If you aren't having any complications, usually they won't see you until week 10 or so.

Good luck!

gembob
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2011 at 10:16 AM

I had my first midwife app at 9 weeks 6 days. I had been to see my GP at 5 weeks 6 days for a general medical and sprung my news on him then lol all he did was have a quick feel of my stomach though and gave me my midwife referral ( we have slightly different system in the UK all low risk pg is overseen by midwives)

BabyFruit Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)