Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

My husbands semen is like "rubber cement glue"?? NORMAL?? HELP!

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 10:08 PM
  • 14 Replies

Hi ladies,

My DH & I have been activly TTC for about 3 months now. I've never payed much attention before to his semen but this evening when I went to clean up right after I wiped & I noticed it looked like little rubber balls of glue, you know kinda what rubber cement glue looks like (sry it it's TMI). Has anyone ever had this happen to them before? I didn't know if this could be a hindrance to us getting pregnant? I'm scheduling an appointment for him to have his semen checked in 2 wks.  Thanks for any advice or thoughts!

by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
morganaundrea
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 10:22 PM
I have never experienced what u are describing...i think its a good idea to get it checked out.
purplepride80
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 11:14 PM

Sry I haven't experience anything like that. 

LMoseley
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 11:14 PM
I know exactly what you are describing. My DHs has done the same thing. My DHs first SA was labeled "high viscosity" but the urologist said drink more water, take mucinex, and we will repeat SA. He gets his next one when I start AF. Idk if this "rubber cement" look is this or what :)

Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
i.heart.nerds
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Try getting him to drink more. He might just be dehydrated.

Devious103102
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 11:22 PM

I've never experienced that befor but good luck!

Ninnie81
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 11:22 PM

Thanks ladies. I searched it online a few min's ago & some people are saying dehydration as well...His job requires working outside all day & usually he's so busy he doesn't stay hydrated.  I've also been slowly breaking him of all the soda...he used to drink a 12 pack in a day now he's onto sweet tea :( I'll try and push the water & once he finds out that this could possibly hinder us getting pregers he'll hopefully jump on the idea of more water bc we've only given ourselves 2 years to ttc and if it doesn't happen we're done!

gump
by on Jul. 10, 2011 at 11:37 PM

This happened with us once so I researched it.  What I found was to drink more water.  That it is normal for it to happen occassionally so not to be worried.  I also read from men...that they have gooten their gals pregnant even during the times when it was like this...so I would say that it shouldn't be something that would keep you from conceiving.

.Angelica.
by on Jul. 11, 2011 at 12:06 AM

It doesn't sound normal. I think getting it checked will be your best bet.

lovevlj31
by on Jul. 11, 2011 at 11:37 AM

**********BUMP*****************

lovingmom2jack
by on Jul. 12, 2011 at 2:25 AM

my DH gets that and it is from dehydration. tell him to try to drink atleast 64oz of water a day and while he is outside, to drink extra. you can still get pregnant even with the weird rubber things lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN