Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

TTC - Trying to Conceive TTC - Trying to Conceive

Peroxide and a Tampon...Really???

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 11:57 PM
  • 10 Replies

I did my research and think my fishy sexy time, might be bacterial vaginosis. DH and I noticed it after the birth of our son, 2 1/2 yrs ago, but it doesnt always rear its ugly smell..so I didnt think much of it. I saw some home remedies for taking folic acid, eating yougart, as well as inserting yougart in the vagi for 1 hr..but then I found this...SOAK A TAMPON IN PEROXIDE and insert it into the vag for up to 2 hrs, remove and problem solved. Anyone heard of this? Im thinking checking at the Walgreens Clinic tomorrow when I fill my HBP meds and see what they say.

by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RaynesMommy07
by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 12:02 AM
I would definitely go to the dr. Probably something antibiotics can take care of.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saadamarie
by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 12:04 AM
I was told that change in smell can be from your sort to
HJMF
by JoAnna on Jul. 28, 2011 at 12:05 AM

Bacterial Vaginosis and a Yeast Infection are NOT the same thing. BV has to be taken care of with prescribed medication as where YI can be taken care of with Non Flavored/Non Cultured Yogurt. -Past experience with both!

GwenMB
by Gwen on Jul. 28, 2011 at 12:09 AM

The peroxide solution just does not sound like a good idea.

If you aren't sure what you have, I would definitely see a doc first.  Even if you don't want to use antibiotics, you should be sure what you're treating.

HJMF
by JoAnna on Jul. 28, 2011 at 12:15 AM

For BV it's not an antibiotic, but more of a certain chemical stimulant. You CAN NOT drink any alcohol beverages on it though. It can make you REALLY sick and cause stomach bleeding. Hope you get it figured out! GL!

newlove4lyfe
by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 12:32 AM
For nv the dr usually treats you with antibiotics or a cream (similar to yeast treatment) I would opt for the cream as it will aid in vagional discomfort and decrease the smell I wouldnt put peroxide down in my vjj area especially by my reproductive organs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmy1babyboy
by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 1:36 PM
Talked to the pharmasist, he said its hard to say what it could be, it could just be a yeast infec, and that I need to get a yearly to confirm. I have no other symptoms, no pain..nothing. So, I guess when I have the $, I will go for my overdue yearly. Thanks everyone :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aloe
by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 1:48 PM

Quoting HJMF:

Bacterial Vaginosis and a Yeast Infection are NOT the same thing. BV has to be taken care of with prescribed medication as where YI can be taken care of with Non Flavored/Non Cultured Yogurt. -Past experience with both!

I agree!  I have a confirmed yeast infection right now, and am only having redness and a lot of itch (no smell.)  My nurse explained the difference between YI vs BV.  I would definitely just go on in to the doctor to get an answer and the proper treatment.  If you use an otc yeast infection treatment and you have BV you will kill off the remaining yeast which keep the bacteria in check which will cause the BV to get worse.  (I've really researched the heck out of this the past few days, this thing is annoying, lol)  Good luck!

suekeem
by on Jul. 28, 2011 at 2:35 PM

I wouldn't do that at all.  I have used a garlic clove.  That works PERFECT.  Youhave to be careful when you peel the skin off not to pierce the clove (raw garlic shouldn't come in direct contact w sensitive skin areas--so DONT pierce it).  I then wrapped mine in gauze and used thread (or maybe it was non flavored dental floss) to tie it closed and inserted it like a tampon over night.  Took it out int he morning.  Works awesome.  You smell like garlic a couple days but nbd!!! 

lovinmy1babyboy
by on Jul. 29, 2011 at 6:05 AM
The garlic theory sound like im going to stink worse..lets see what dh says, im all for all natural cures..ty

Quoting suekeem:

I wouldn't do that at all.  I have used a garlic clove.  That works PERFECT.  Youhave to be careful when you peel the skin off not to pierce the clove (raw garlic shouldn't come in direct contact w sensitive skin areas--so DONT pierce it).  I then wrapped mine in gauze and used thread (or maybe it was non flavored dental floss) to tie it closed and inserted it like a tampon over night.  Took it out int he morning.  Works awesome.  You smell like garlic a couple days but nbd!!! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN